General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FREE SIRIUS radio

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 02:09 PM

Received 68 Likes on 63 Posts
Default FREE SIRIUS radio

hey folks, everyone knows they get a free 6 months of SIRIUS radio when you buy a new ford... but, did you know that SIRIUS occasionally GIVES away a free month promotion? EVEN IF YOU DON'T SIGN UP....

so for those of us out there who refuse to pay for it monthly, this month is free, and as was the month of feb.

and when that's up.... there's always the USB2 mod
Old 05-28-2012, 10:30 PM
Batteries Not Included

Received 294 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by rigrat2011
hey folks, everyone knows they get a free 6 months of SIRIUS radio when you buy a new ford... but, did you know that SIRIUS occasionally GIVES away a free month promotion? EVEN IF YOU DON'T SIGN UP....

so for those of us out there who refuse to pay for it monthly, this month is free, and as was the month of feb.

and when that's up.... there's always the USB2 mod
Cool. But I'm a sucker for Sirius. I get my use out of my subscription. But we have other trucks at work with inactive radios. We'll have to keep an eye out!
Old 05-28-2012, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by sgtpatiolantern

Cool. But I'm a sucker for Sirius. I get my use out of my subscription. But we have other trucks at work with inactive radios. We'll have to keep an eye out!
Yea man... Why not use something if theyre gonna throw it out there. I was waiting to pick up my gf after work last night and pushed the sat radio button by mistake.

Have you seen the threads about usb2?
Old 05-28-2012, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had Sirius radio probably 4 years ago. It didn't come in a vehicle or anything just a receiver, but I still get random emails every few months saying its been turned on for 2 or 3 weeks kinda wish I still had the receiver lol
Old 05-28-2012, 10:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a sucker too, paying monthly and love listening to alt nation, octane, NFL and nascar. What I really need to do is call in, ask for a promo or threaten to cancel. This may work!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:25 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Cacapose
I'm a sucker too, paying monthly and love listening to alt nation, octane, NFL and nascar. What I really need to do is call in, ask for a promo or threaten to cancel. This may work!
Do threaten to cancel!! I did then they offered 1 month free and 3 months at $4.99 month. The catch is they want your CC # then they can bill full price for a year. The trick is to use a reload able card that has enough for the 3 cheap months. I got a card and just put $20 on it. Then when they try to charge the full year nothing happens and I guess I'll go through the process all over again. Lol
Old 05-28-2012, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by BC_BEARS_FAN

Do threaten to cancel!! I did then they offered 1 month free and 3 months at $4.99 month. The catch is they want your CC # then they can bill full price for a year. The trick is to use a reload able card that has enough for the 3 cheap months. I got a card and just put $20 on it. Then when they try to charge the full year nothing happens and I guess I'll go through the process all over again. Lol
Where you at bc?

I used to live in kamloops... Going back for hot night in the city car show in Aug
Old 05-29-2012, 12:00 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rigrat2011

Where you at bc?

I used to live in kamloops... Going back for hot night in the city car show in Aug
1/2 hr outside vancouver in Delta. Love golfing in Kamloops.
Old 06-02-2012, 02:33 AM

Originally Posted by BC_BEARS_FAN

1/2 hr outside vancouver in Delta. Love golfing in Kamloops.
Yea, Its pretty great down there. If you hit up the big course on your way out to savona, my buddy pat is a chef there. (and a wicked dubstep dj)
Old 06-03-2012, 01:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My, son, who is a computer systems analyst and who lives for such things, says that, if you buy a vehicle with Sirius Radio, if you simply don't turn the radio on for the first year, after that you will have Sirius service forever. He says that Sirius sends out the "deactivate " signal to your radio periodically for about a year, but then they figure they've deactivated it by then, and stop sending the signal to your radio.

If the next vehicle I buy has a Sirius radio I may just try it. I so seldom listen to the radio (when I'm driving seems like the only time I can enjoy peace and quiet) that I could easily go for a year without using it.

Quick Reply: FREE SIRIUS radio