General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fOLDING BED COVER?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 12:49 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Default fOLDING BED COVER?

What's up guys? I've really been thinking about getting a folding bed cover, and just selling my toolbox. I'm looking to spend no more than 400 bucks and want one that is pretty much awesome in every way. Durable, waterproof, etc. Any ideas where to find one for that budget?

Anyway, I see a lot of trucks on here with really good looking bed covers, and am just wondering where everyone is getting them. Thanks in advance. Pics are most welcome.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:39 PM
"Hold My $tone$"

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I gotz a Truxedo which is vinyl and folds 3 times. Internal frame, but I suspect it leaks.

Around $300.

Heading into it's 3rd winter and has held up with 18" of wet snow and freezing rain with no probs.

I always keep the snow off my cover cuz you never know when you might want to use your bed.

Lots easier (and cleaner inside the bed) to keep the snow off after every storm instead of cleaning it off just when you want to access the bed.

No snow, leaves or debris and help keeps valuables covered, but not theft proof.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:00 PM
JDC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a Tuxedo too. I have a new truck and got it only 2 months ago but I am very happy with it. I did 1200 miles under the rain for Thanksgiving and had no leaks, except at the end of the bed where the top of the tailgate joins with the cover, nothing major though considering the amount of rain we got..!!
Old 12-21-2011, 02:06 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

good luck, my soft roll up cover, a Truxedo, cost more than that, finding a good quality hard cover for that price is going to be difficult if not impossible.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

we have the bak-flip on our dodge, had it since 2008, has very few leaks(maybe just a dribble or 2 in the blowing rain) folds up, the latches are under it so when tailgate closes you cant open it..we bought it locally so we spent a little extra dough , but if i knew how easy it was to put on , i would have ordered it and put it on myelf to save that money
Old 12-21-2011, 02:10 PM

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by PondJumper
What's up guys? I've really been thinking about getting a folding bed cover, and just selling my toolbox. I'm looking to spend no more than 400 bucks and want one that is pretty much awesome in every way. Durable, waterproof, etc. Any ideas where to find one for that budget?

Anyway, I see a lot of trucks on here with really good looking bed covers, and am just wondering where everyone is getting them. Thanks in advance. Pics are most welcome.
Get a "Bak flip." I think it's made by a "GX2," or something like that. Hint, my mom has one on her truck; it's pretty sweet.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:52 PM

Received 100 Likes on 89 Posts

I like my Rugged Cover tri-fold. Much easier to use than a snap cover. Like $325. No water in my bed ever.

Quick Reply: fOLDING BED COVER?