General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fluid Film

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 08:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fluid Film

I'm considering getting my '15 F150 Fluid Filmed before the coming winter, which means tons of salt and crap here in Northwest PA. So, given the fact it has an aluminum body, I still want to protect the frame, etc. and hope this would add a few years to usable life.
What say ye.
Old 10-22-2017, 08:15 AM

Received 260 Likes on 190 Posts

After watching several videos on youtube, it looks like it works. I would learn to apply it myself, I'm sure it would be costly to pay every year to have it applied . I have never heard of fluid film until now, but I live in Tennessee
Old 10-22-2017, 08:53 AM
Just Another Member

Received 187 Likes on 127 Posts

I've had good luck with Amsoil Heavy-Duty Metal Protector: https://www.amsoil.com/shop/by-produ...tal-protector/

It's like Fluid Film, but dries to the touch so it doesn't attract dirt.
Old 10-22-2017, 04:01 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I've used FF on my dump trailer and my '09 F150. FF really does creap into the tight places between joined pieces of metal. Places where I sprayed the underside of my trailer shows the film traveled out about 3 inches from where I sprayed it in May. It will wash off of exposed areas after a while but appears to stay in the tight places.

I've used it on rust that has formed a crust and lifted the paint off of the underside of the trailer. It stopped the rust from progressing.
Old 10-22-2017, 07:02 PM

Received 336 Likes on 261 Posts

Fluid film is awesome. It comes in 4 different consistencies. Rattle can spray, A, NAS and AR.
Here in the northeast I go to Lowes and get 4 aerosol cans in the spring and fall each year and just spray it myself.
If you have a undercoating air gun you can apply it yourself too. There is the aerosol can, A is like a syrup, NAS is thicker and AR is a paste.