General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fiberglass body panel reviews

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 07:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Fiberglass body panel reviews

Hey guys, I'm contemplating switching to some fiberglass body panels that give me more clearance vs stock, my only concern is the life expectancy and durability of the fiberglass (probably from Fiberwerx). Can anyone give my some insight on the lifespan and durability of fiberglass parts? I take care of my truck but I don't want it ending up looking like some f#cked up Civic with cracks and spiderweb fractures everywhere after 3 years. Thanks and have a great day!

Very Respectfully,
Neil
Old 07-17-2014, 09:52 AM

Received 87 Likes on 80 Posts

Just think about someone dinging your truck... It will probably crack the fiberglass instead of dinging your metal. I wouldn't do it, but I use my truck quite a bit and would destroy the fiberglass..
Old 07-17-2014, 12:25 PM

Received 189 Likes on 119 Posts

I had a fiberglass bed made for my 88 Toyota pickup when the old bed rusted. The just had a mold and laid sheets of fiberglass down to get to about a 1/4 think piece. Then it was gel coated. I live in Wyoming with extreme temperatures and it has held up great. I use the truck as a truck and the fiberglass has held up just fine.

Make sure to get a gel coat, that provides the durability...
Old 07-17-2014, 01:56 PM

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts

I use fiberwerx bed sides and front clip. I off road, go mudding, and even jump my truck with no issues ever. As long as the glass is mounted properly you should be fine. I have had my glass on my truck for almoste 2 years now. I did have the underside of all my glass sprayed with rhino liner as we'll.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:15 PM
Resident Worm Drowner

Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts

Consider this: The 10th Gen Screws have a fiberglass hood and fiberglass bedsides.
Mine doesn't seem to be any thicker than a good aftermarket fiberglass panel.

Quick Reply: Fiberglass body panel reviews