Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Factory Power Boards On Sport

Old 10-23-2018, 12:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Power Boards On Sport

I have a 2015 Sport F150 lariat
my truck did not come factory with power boards
I got some power Boards off a King Ranch and figured they would just plug in and go but after putting them on realized Ford (stupid) doesnt allow that
So I have seen some people have used Amp wiring harness to make it work but havent been able to find exactly what parts i need to buy to make them work
has anyone done this and has the part numbers of what i need. i dont need the lights just want them to open and close with the doors plug and play adapter that amp makes.
I have owned and installed AMP and realize the wiring is little different but i can figure it out unless there is a specific write up showing what i need to do
Thanks Everyone
Old 10-23-2018, 03:50 PM
2018 F150 Platinum FX4

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Thing like this not being plug and play are not Ford's fault.

The lawyers makes sure that there is a lot of safety involved as these things can be dangerous without being controlled.

I know someone who parked close to a curb and when they opened the door the power step hit then in the shins and it caused an injury enough to bleed. This is with all the safety features working.

I love my retractable boards but have respect for them.
Old 10-23-2018, 07:27 PM

Received 207 Likes on 121 Posts

Making a harness to replicate the Ford wiring isn't too hard. Flyforfood's thread has all the information you need: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/oem-p...ed-xlt-402443/
Old 10-25-2018, 05:20 PM

Received 111 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahiggs08
I have a 2015 Sport F150 lariat
my truck did not come factory with power boards
I got some power Boards off a King Ranch and figured they would just plug in and go but after putting them on realized Ford (stupid) doesnt allow that
So I have seen some people have used Amp wiring harness to make it work but havent been able to find exactly what parts i need to buy to make them work
has anyone done this and has the part numbers of what i need. i dont need the lights just want them to open and close with the doors plug and play adapter that amp makes.
I have owned and installed AMP and realize the wiring is little different but i can figure it out unless there is a specific write up showing what i need to do
Thanks Everyone
At electric step.com you can pic the year of truck ect.... Get plug n play harness and controller I'm doing this now you will only use 2 wires off of the oem plug from the steps buy you some 2 wire water proof conectors from Amazon and go to town couple hours you will be good to go I would also get the manual override switch to deploy the steps at your discretion (leave them down for cleaning ) and just turn them off if you want...their is some old threads here about this it's easy to do!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Factory Power Boards On Sport