Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150 SYNC and Galaxy 8 not working?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 09:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default F150 SYNC and Galaxy 8 not working?

I have a 2015 F150, I recently had to get a new phone and upgrade from the Galaxy 6 to a Galaxy S8. Now SYNC in the truck will not recognize the phone (it just keeps trying and trying and trying) and my phone (with a couple of SYNC apps downloaded and tried out) will not sync to the truck. Bluetooth is on so I am thinking either user error or the two apps I downloaded to my phone are junk? The two apps are called remote access (which I know is not SYNC but I was desperate) and sync. The latter program keeps saying it is scanning gateways and then comes up with a message that says can't find gateway modes. Never had one problem with the Galaxy 6!! Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong here and/or send me a link to an app that I can download to my phone to make this work with my truck. Much appreciated!!
Old 11-20-2017, 09:21 PM
Old Fart

Received 1,220 Likes on 855 Posts

On mine I turned off Bluetooth and then turned it back on and searched with the radio and it found it on my 2013, the Mustang was the same way. No app needed, just the phone and the radio.

Last edited by Siber Express; 11-20-2017 at 09:23 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Thlorian (11-21-2017)
Old 11-20-2017, 09:28 PM

Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

Galaxy S8+ synced up right away no app needed. With that said for some reason I can't make any of my Applink apps work.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:22 AM

Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm not sure about Samsung, but go into your Bluetooth settings for the F150 and make sure to allow notifications for that device. You may need to clear out any remaining connection from the phone or the truck before hand
Thlorian (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 09:32 AM

Received 5,989 Likes on 3,553 Posts

What is it that you are trying to do? No app gets downloaded to your phone to connect it to your truck...

Ford Remote Access is app for remote starting and locking/unlocking of the truck. Has ZERO to do with connecting to the vehicle.

Ford Sync Destinations is an old app, hasn't been updated in 3 years, and again - has nothing to do with connecting your phone.

I recommend you delete all phones on your truck, then connect your new phone by "Adding a Bluetooth Device".
Thlorian (11-21-2017)
Old 11-21-2017, 09:52 AM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Originally Posted by Thlorian
I have a 2015 F150, I recently had to get a new phone and upgrade from the Galaxy 6 to a Galaxy S8. Now SYNC in the truck will not recognize the phone (it just keeps trying and trying and trying) and my phone (with a couple of SYNC apps downloaded and tried out) will not sync to the truck. Bluetooth is on so I am thinking either user error or the two apps I downloaded to my phone are junk? The two apps are called remote access (which I know is not SYNC but I was desperate) and sync. The latter program keeps saying it is scanning gateways and then comes up with a message that says can't find gateway modes. Never had one problem with the Galaxy 6!! Can someone please let me know what I am doing wrong here and/or send me a link to an app that I can download to my phone to make this work with my truck. Much appreciated!!
You have to set up the new phone to connect, the Bluetooth settings don't transfer over from old to new phones.