Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

f150 rough drive and can't find the problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default f150 rough drive and can't find the problem!!

I have a 2006 lincoln mark lt, it has just over 178k miles on it. I have had no former problems with it.

My problem is, I have a rough idle/drive. I have checked the codes and keep getting the PO304 code for bad cylinder E. I checked the coil packs, changed it around to see if it was the problem, no change. Then I thought it could be the spark plug, changed that and still have the same problem.
I have ran my truck with no 02 sensors for over a year and half and it has ran fine with no problems. a couple weeks ago I tried putting the 02 sensors back in the exhaust, but my new cats didn't have the hole in there for them, so i put them right after the cats. Well, not even 20 miles after driving it, the truck just shut off, no spit or sputter, I couldn't find the problem. I changed the cam sensor, that didn't fix it, it wouldn't crank for anything. So i got it towed and turns out it was just a stupid fuse that blew..well got the truck back, had one 02 sensor wires got a little melted, so I unplugged that one, then around 50 miles, truck started running rough, shaking, so I figured id just go back to normal, I had both sensors after the cat unplugged..
That fixed the problem, running like a dream again, then another 100 miles, it started running terrible again, when in idle, truck shakes and accelerating and in low rpms the truck shakes and misfires. but above 2500 rpm, it runs fine but it still sounds different and has no power.

I can't find out the problem and hate taking it to places to get it checked, I have a feeling it has something to do with the 02 sensors, but it ran fine for a year and a half. Im not sure if it is something stupid either..Has anyone else had this problem before? or if anyone knows what it could be, please let me know. I have ran out of ideas.
Old 09-27-2015, 08:05 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

HINT/TIP: You'll find posting in the
Late Model F150s > 2004 - 2008 Ford F150
section more helpful/appropriate than General F150 Discussion posts.

Quick Reply: f150 rough drive and can't find the problem!!