General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F-150 XLT slide lid in console Stuck closed

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2018, 02:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-150 XLT slide lid in console Stuck closed

Just got my truck yesterday, loaded my stuff in it last night. Today when I tried to open the center console slide it was stuck closed, I thought I was going to break it trying to open it. Finally I forced it and it turned out to be my USB thumb drive I had plunged into the top USB slot which was ratcheting on the under side of the slide lid. Ended up breaking the thumb drive to get it open. Better location than way down in bottom of are rest, but needed a little more thought put in to it.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:30 AM

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by swamie
Just got my truck yesterday, loaded my stuff in it last night. Today when I tried to open the center console slide it was stuck closed, I thought I was going to break it trying to open it. Finally I forced it and it turned out to be my USB thumb drive I had plunged into the top USB slot which was ratcheting on the under side of the slide lid. Ended up breaking the thumb drive to get it open. Better location than way down in bottom of are rest, but needed a little more thought put in to it.

I had the same thing happen to me.
Old 05-28-2018, 11:16 AM

Received 462 Likes on 251 Posts

Yap, been there, done that!

You need a short USB stick for the top port, a regular sized one is too tall.

I agree they should have thought out the placement and angel more thoroughly.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:03 PM

Had the same problem and had to break the thumb drive to get it out. I found some thumb drives on Amazon that are barely larger then the plug which work great just a little hard to get in in out if you have two of them in at the same time. The drive that caused the problem had slide out plugs making them longer than the ones with caps or flip over covers.which seem to work okay. I stayed with the really short ones since I have two that I keep in and seldom change so getting them in or out occasionally is not a big problem.
Old 05-29-2018, 08:52 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for this post, mine "catches" most time when I slide it open. Ill look for a short thumb drive. How do I change the thumb drive?
Old 05-31-2018, 05:22 PM

I'm not quite sure what you are asking but pull the thumb drive that is giving you a problem and use your computer to transfer the file on the long thumb drive to the new shorter thumb drive then plug the short drive into the truck.

Quick Reply: F-150 XLT slide lid in console Stuck closed