Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-150 vs GMC Sierra vs Chevy Silverado

We're buying a truck to haul my husband's motorcycles to the track
around california. I've never really even driven a truck and we're
talking about an F-150, or a GMC Sierra, or Chevy Silverado. Can
anyone help me understand which of these will be the easiest for me to
handle and the most comfortable to drive long distances in? thanks!
Here are the cars.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:50 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The ford.
Old 06-11-2008, 09:54 PM
Hydro Commando

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what he said
Old 06-11-2008, 10:07 PM
We'd do it

Received 448 Likes on 402 Posts

You're talking to the Ford people here.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:14 PM
No Pain, No Pain!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

The F150 is the most versatile, rugged and dependable truck on the road!
It is also the most comfortable truck on the market.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me tell you the real truth. I see Chevys and GMC's every day on car haulers. from the under side the frames are cheap cross members are tubes and the frames are not boxed.
Ford has real boxed frames real cross members and just plain look tough uinder neath. I wouldn't own anything else but a FORD F150
2$ worth
Old 06-12-2008, 03:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what u should do is go and test drive them all and see what fills the best to you because every one has there own comfort level and ur on a f150 site so every one on her is going to tell u to get the f150 because thats what they like. now a run down on how i fill about them all, if u want a good strong truck go with the f150 they will out tow, out hall and out perform the gm's but if ur just towing a bike thats not all that all that heavy its not going to make a big diff but if u want a good gas mpg truck get one the gm's because they do get better gas mpg. but ur not going to know what u like by asking some one that already likes or dislikes one or the other till u drive it and fill how the truck fills ur self. hope this helped u out some.
Old 06-12-2008, 07:26 AM
NGM
Resident A-hole

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I have a F150 and an Avalanche.. Close enough to the Chevy trucks you mentioned.. The Avalanche has more off the line feel, the Ford walks the dog on the Chevy from 3k on. From a Dig its even until the middle of second and I leave the Avalanche with the Ford. The Ford has a higher payload capacity. The Ford rides ALOT!!!! better. The interior of the Chevy is better except the placement of the inside door handles.. They suck.. For my setups the Chevy has a towing capacity, but not by much. The Ford handles better. The Chevy motor responds to mods better if you are going to mod it.IMHO The Fords look better on the outside. I think the new Chevies look like crap in the front.. Then again the 09 Fords from the pics I have seen are no prize winners. Ford has been making the #1 selling truck for YEARS! There has to be a reason for that. Good luck in your search for a truck.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:19 AM
Wadecounty1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll get my 2 cents in here. When i started looking for a truck i was gonna get a silverado b/c i can get the employee family discount. I test drove both the chevy and the ford. Even with the discount i went back to the Ford dealership b/c i just felt the Ford was the better truck over all. Not only that, you cant beat the price. The Ford looks more rugged, looks tougher, has the 5.4, higher payload capacity. And..... its the most versatile, rugged and dependable truck on the road! (to quote the other guy lol) The only thing i like about the Chevy is that their grilles on the newer models def. look sick. Other than that, Ford baby! Once you get the Ford you'll feel like your part of a new family!

I **** on silverado, sierra, and ram!

Last edited by NGM; 06-12-2008 at 10:06 AM. Reason: removed political advertising
Old 06-12-2008, 12:44 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I drove a 1990 GMC Sierra 2500 for 165K miles (company truck). Left that job with a high opinion of General Motors. Bought my 02 F150, it now has 170K miles. The ride and handling is far superior. Been rear ended twice, both other vehicles had to be towed away, $35.00 piece of plastic damage to my vehicle, Insurance company couldn't believe that my truck sustained literally no damage. As the saying goes, I'd rather push a Ford than drive a Chevy. Oh and by the way, I have never had to push it yet.

Quick Reply: F-150 vs GMC Sierra vs Chevy Silverado