General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F 150 atlas

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 04:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default F 150 atlas

Well I just left the Detroit auto show. Disappointed way better in previous years. With that ring said, I'm more disappointed in the atlas concept. I think marketing is falling away from what a truck is about. As in a Chevy or ford truck, whichever you are, we take pride in our trucks looking like... Trucks. This atlas is like a Cadillac mixed with a Toyota IMO. Don't get me wrong, my f150 has the goodies. Moonroof nav etc. but the exterior is still a FORD truck. What do you all think about this appearance on the Atlas?
Old 01-19-2013, 06:54 PM
SuthernF150

Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

Trucks are becoming luxury vehicles nowadays.. ford has to keep up and with the atlas they not only kept with the growing luxury truck demand; they essentially just raised the bar dramatically and probably out of reach of toyota, dodge and gm.... that is to say if the atlas (f150) is actually going to be exactly as they show... im a fan
Old 01-19-2013, 07:35 PM
SHEEPDOG

Received 58 Likes on 53 Posts

The only thing that bugs me about the Atlas is what the price tag is gonna be. Seeing guys with "Platinums" is cool. But, it's like seeing guys on the trails in H1s getting stuck in a little ditch. 50% of you wants what they have, 50% thinks "they don't deserve that." So, with that being said, if they make the Atlas affordable for most guys, I'm in.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:17 PM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

It's a concept, gentlemen. Take a closer look at some of the details that will probable translate to the next gen and quite frankly, it looks pretty cool.

They've said the next truck will be more "muscular"...look at the atlas hood and front quarter panels, check out the tailgate and the rear windows. This next truck is going to be quite close to the current truck...it'll just look even better.

I like the headlights, I also doubt that the new truck will have such a huge grill...that may make it way to the 250. Plus, new or significantly refined engines...more power, better MPG. Hell, what's not to like? I'm excited to see how it will be. I think it'll be, stylistically a blending of the Atlas and the current gen. Quite frankly, I think the Atlas looks bad ***...like a new Raptor, really. Put a 6.2 DI in that thing and get the hell out of the way.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:21 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would sell my soul for the atlas, in black of course
Old 01-19-2013, 11:06 PM

Received 111 Likes on 59 Posts

I couldn't disagree more with the OP. The Atlas looks more truck than the current gen. Its way beefier looking...by far. Just because it isn't simple looking doesn't make it any less truck.

This "getting away from what a truck should be" nonsense is getting old. They, as with anything else on this earth, are evolving. The trucks of now days are evolving to fit the needs of today's world. They are more capable than ever. To say they are any less truck than previous years is ridiculous. If you don't like the looks thats fine, but to say the F150 is becoming less of a truck is ignorant. It's obvious they are becoming more and more capable each passing model year.

And lets keep this Atlas concept in perspective. Does anyone remember the speculation surrounding the 2009 model year F150? The "Superchief"? We all know how much the 2009-current model years ended up resembling that thing

http://jalopnik.com/307181/what-to-e...009-ford-f+150

All that being said, I hope hope hope the production version has the LED headlights!

I personally love the look of the Atlas and would buy it in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Buck; 01-19-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:16 AM

Received 36 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by seannh
So, with that being said, if they make the Atlas affordable for most guys, I'm in.
This. If they can keep it "close" to the Atlas concept, with a relatively decent price tag, I think a lot of people will be on bored.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:07 AM

Received 105 Likes on 87 Posts

I think it looks like they were trying too hard.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:11 AM
Ex-Everything

Received 67 Likes on 36 Posts

I'll end up with one.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:41 AM

Received 187 Likes on 155 Posts

One thing the press release said was that a plus for the LED headlights was a "faster on" time or something to that effect. What does this mean? The BMW 530i I'm trading in for my FX4 has HID Xenons, and they turn on immediately - there's no "warming up" period that I can determine. Or does this mean something else?

Quick Reply: F 150 atlas