General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ESP questions -

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 12:35 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ESP questions -

I couldn’t find answered to all of these so I thought I would ask all of you my questions before I pull the trigger on the 8 year / 150,000 mike ESP.

1) enhanced rental / 1st day rental - if I get both, will the enhanced rental cover me for a 60 dollar rental on the first day as well as the following days?

2) does the rental portion cover light bulb replacement if I purchase the bulb coverage on the ESP (it says that you get a rental on any warranty covered item - I’m assuming if I get the bulb replacement and have a bulb go out; that becomes a warranty covered item)

with no warranty coverage, has anyone had to have an instrument cluster light replaced and how much?
Old 07-29-2018, 12:54 PM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

I skipped the rental because my dealer has loaner cars for any warranty work.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:04 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

Enclosed is the actual ESP Contract that you receive when you purchase the Plan. It will answer your questions. From my personal experience, Enhanced Rental is a good deal. Read Section 6e.

I deleted the first page of the contract because it contained my personal info. Before you commit, call Ziegler Ford and Flood Ford to price your plan. They seem to be competing on price. When I purchased mine from Ziegler they had the lowest price at that time.

Attached Files
File Type: docx
ESP Plan List.docx (63.4 KB, 63 views)
Old 07-29-2018, 01:18 PM

Received 205 Likes on 152 Posts

I skipped the rental option also. The nearest place to rent a car is 45 miles away. So I depend on my dealer’s loaners - they are fine with it as long as they have one there.

Something else I read in the contract - rental coverage is only if your vehicle needs to be kept overnight. I also think it said that if your vehicle is kept overnight due to scheduling issues with the dealer the rental coverage doesn’t kick it - only if it is kept overnight waiting for parts.

Old 07-29-2018, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by All Hat No Cattle
Enclosed is the actual ESP Contract that you receive when you purchase the Plan. It will answer your questions. From my personal experience, Enhanced Rental is a good deal. Read Section 6e.

I deleted the first page of the contract because it contained my personal info. Before you commit, call Ziegler Ford and Flood Ford to price your plan. They seem to be competing on price. When I purchased mine from Ziegler they had the lowest price at that time.
I’m trying to read it, and it says the file is corrupt.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2018, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by seventyeight
I skipped the rental option also. The nearest place to rent a car is 45 miles away. So I depend on my dealer’s loaners - they are fine with it as long as they have one there.

Something else I read in the contract - rental coverage is only if your vehicle needs to be kept overnight. I also think it said that if your vehicle is kept overnight due to scheduling issues with the dealer the rental coverage doesn’t kick it - only if it is kept overnight waiting for parts.

well they have that “first day” option - which is an extra 100 bucks or something like that - so it’s supposed to give you a rental the minute you leave it there. But not sure.
Old 07-29-2018, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by All Hat No Cattle

A​

good idea on pricing Ziegler - I got my quote from flood. Seems online to online, flood is cheaper - maybe Ziegler will negotiate over the phone.

Thanks!
Old 07-29-2018, 02:01 PM

I’m trying to read it, and it says the file is corrupt.
Sorry, you must have a very aggressive anti-virus program. I had to convert from a PDF file to Word so I could edit it, so your AV thinks the file is corrupt. I have no problem opening the link. Anyway, here is the pertinent language.

Enhanced Rental Option starts when the Vehicle is delivered to the Selling Dealer or other Ford Motor Company franchised dealer for service.

Old 07-29-2018, 02:04 PM

maybe Ziegler will negotiate over the phone.
They did with me. $50 bucks saved is $50 bucks, and you end up with the same contract.
Old 07-29-2018, 05:35 PM

Received 205 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by Supercop0184
A​

good idea on pricing Ziegler - I got my quote from flood. Seems online to online, flood is cheaper - maybe Ziegler will negotiate over the phone.

Thanks!
Just my experience -

When you look online Flood is always cheaper. The reason Zeigler is more expensive is they have the surcharge for free financing built into their prices. If you call and tell them you will be paying in full with one credit card payment I'm 90% sure there is a discount.

I talked with Zeigler people when buying my ESP - very friendly and helpful.

Quick Reply: ESP questions -