General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

**emergency**

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 11:01 PM

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts
Exclamation **emergency**

Hey everyone ill make this quick and straight to the phone so basically i put my phone on the top of the hood on the drivers side where the water from the windshield would go down (2012 5.0) and it fell right through and i really need it for work and i dont see a way to get it...

anyone have any ideas?

also how hard would it be for a mechanic or something to acces this area...? any help would be greatly appreciated
furthest possible top right corner..slid down into there. goes toward the side of the truck. horrible day so far lol..
Old 08-18-2012, 11:07 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Received 457 Likes on 331 Posts

Can you see it at all? If so try to take a picture of it so we can have a better idea of how it's in there.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by XtraLargeTall
Can you see it at all? If so try to take a picture of it so we can have a better idea of how it's in there.
that area seems to go down to a big box like aREA towards the bottom of the truck. cant see the phone whatsoever or else i would probably find a way to get it. its concealed but when i call it and hear it ring it sounds like its towards the bottom of the drivers side near the door
Old 08-18-2012, 11:10 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Originally Posted by Vancouverite

that area seems to go down to a big box like aREA towards the bottom of the truck. cant see the phone whatsoever or else i would probably find a way to get it. its concealed but when i call it and hear it ring it sounds like its towards the bottom of the drivers side near the door
Have you looked from underneath? I'm not close to my pickup so I can't go look but maybe someone else can
Old 08-18-2012, 11:18 PM

I have and the only thing i can come up with is a large metal box-like area which seems to be the only possible place where my phone could be. the engine bay is entirely open (obviously) and it seems like thats the only area that could be led down into from that small opening. the hood was closed when i put my phone on there BTW it just fit too well and slide right through the opening and into the side..
Old 08-18-2012, 11:28 PM
Gas Guzzler

Received 89 Likes on 39 Posts

this looks like a question for Mike Rowe.

Mr. Rowe knows f150's inside and out.
Old 08-18-2012, 11:30 PM
Meaner than ymeski56

Originally Posted by Vancouverite
I have and the only thing i can come up with is a large metal box-like area which seems to be the only possible place where my phone could be. the engine bay is entirely open (obviously) and it seems like thats the only area that could be led down into from that small opening. the hood was closed when i put my phone on there BTW it just fit too well and slide right through the opening and into the side..
That really sucks. Wish I could help out more but hopefully someone else can. Best of luck
Old 08-19-2012, 12:32 AM
Brianm825

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts

Take the headlight out and shine a flashlight in there. You might have got lucky and the phone could be sitting on top of the wheel well. In any case it might help get a better view in there to see what you're dealing with.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tussin_Wolf
Take the headlight out and shine a flashlight in there. You might have got lucky and the phone could be sitting on top of the wheel well. In any case it might help get a better view in there to see what you're dealing with.
dont know how to take the headlight out. gonna head to canadian tire tomorrow and hopefully get some help as im only 18 and have no mechanical experience..
Old 08-19-2012, 12:55 PM
PJB

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Id be afraid of it falling out on the drive there