General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EESP/Geico Mechanical Breakdown Insurance

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2017, 05:45 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EESP/Geico Mechanical Breakdown Insurance

Last week I changed Auto insurance to Geico and saved a lot of money. Included in my auto insurance is Geico's mechanical breakdown insurance where if a part breaks I pay $250. I double checked this morning and it seems to be legit, covers everything except tires, brake pads, etc. Do you believe that I also need to get the Ford ESP in addition to this coverage. Has anyone experienced Geico's insurance coverage?
Old 09-13-2017, 05:51 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbybaseball22
Last week I changed Auto insurance to Geico and saved a lot of money. Included in my auto insurance is Geico's mechanical breakdown insurance where if a part breaks I pay $250. I double checked this morning and it seems to be legit, covers everything except tires, brake pads, etc. Do you believe that I also need to get the Ford ESP in addition to this coverage. Has anyone experienced Geico's insurance coverage?
I've been using Geico for years, no complaints at all. Regarding systems coverage, you need to read the fine print. I do not have the breakdown insurance as my powertrain warranty covers that 5/60k.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:38 PM

Received 1,000 Likes on 667 Posts

Match up what the WRITTEN ESP coverage covers and compare it to the WRITTEN Geico coverage, then decide.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:53 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Exclamation

I've had GEICO for about 10 years now, never an issue with them, and they can't be touched on coverage prices.

however, i'd consider their mechanical breakdown coverage more of a "third party warranty"....
Old 09-13-2017, 10:45 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

For peace of mind, the Geico cannot be beat. $36 a year up to 125K miles. Something major breaks, $250 covers it.

Compare to an ESP which can run up to a few thousand, and never use it. It all depends on what breaks.

You can add it to a new vehicle after the fact up to 12 months or 15K miles, after that your only choice is the ESP or some other contract warranty.
Old 09-26-2017, 03:11 PM

Received 387 Likes on 284 Posts

When i picked up my then new truck from the dealer, had to call Geico for proof of insurance before they let me drive it off.
Thats when i found out about their breakdown insurance coverage.

At first i thought it was bogus because of the low cost and passed.
Now i'm not so sure.
Too late for now but gonna check into it closely next time i buy a new vehicle.
Old 09-26-2017, 04:59 PM

Received 87 Likes on 80 Posts

they can't be touched on coverage prices.
They were like that with me for the longest time until about 6 months ago I switched... Got twice as much coverage and ended up saving a couple hundred every 6 months.
Old 09-26-2017, 09:18 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

Originally Posted by moparado
When i picked up my then new truck from the dealer, had to call Geico for proof of insurance before they let me drive it off.
Thats when i found out about their breakdown insurance coverage.

At first i thought it was bogus because of the low cost and passed.
Now i'm not so sure.
Too late for now but gonna check into it closely next time i buy a new vehicle.
You have 12 months/15K miles before they will no longer add it.

My rates have gone up, even though my truck wreck was not my fault, and the other insurance paid for it, but my rates went up anyway. If it weren't for the breakdown coverage, I would consider switching, but Gieco has been pretty good so far.