Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ecoboost Lawsuit - Owners Claim Engine Defective

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 01:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Ecoboost Lawsuit - Owners Claim Engine Defective

Ecoboost Lawsuit

As a guy who's already had his 2012 in the shop twice because of these exact problems (which STILL continue), Ford better find a fix quick. It looks like I'm not the only one having issues with the ecoboost cutting power and having bad vibrations.

Anyone else who has had repeated problems with this rather severe safety issue, I encourage you to take a minute or two and file a complaint with the NHTSA: Complaint Form

Personally, I've had it with the ecoboost. It sucks driving this truck because when you get on the gas, you have no clue if you're going to go anywhere. Definitely considering going back to the dealer, and seeing what I can do with the lemon laws in NC.

Last edited by jdlev; 05-15-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:20 PM

Found this article on a supposed fix from ford. Anyone tried it yet that's had similar issues with their ecoboost? Doesn't seem like a great fix to me? Doesn't it defeat the purpose of the turbo air cooler to just cover it up?

Anyways...here's the service announcement from ford: Service Announcement On Ecoboost

Edit: Update to the service fix. Ford's released another update (though I haven't found it). The fix is actually replacing the intercooler rather than just covering the old intercooler with an air deflector. The new intercooler also has an air deflector. Hopefully, this fixes the issue.

Last edited by jdlev; 05-15-2013 at 02:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
bk117wrench (05-16-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Sounds like you need to jump and the class action suit because after that "fix" it is going to lower the horse power of the engine because now you have a nonfunctional inter cooler. Then you'll have false advertisement on the power, torque and towing weight
Old 05-15-2013, 03:09 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

This must be the THIRD thread already about this. TODAY.
Marc D (05-27-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by gregsf150stx
This must be the THIRD thread already about this. TODAY.
Do you have a point, or are you just trolling? I wish I'd had all the information in this thread 3 months ago. I'm pretty sure if you just spent $40k on a new truck that doesn't work, you'd like the solution to be easy to find.
wizwor (08-22-2018)
Old 05-15-2013, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bbdaddy1221
Sounds like you need to jump and the class action suit because after that "fix" it is going to lower the horse power of the engine because now you have a nonfunctional inter cooler. Then you'll have false advertisement on the power, torque and towing weight
I'm pretty sure this glitch has pissed a lot of people off. I know Ford had at least a full production year with the ecoboost in the F150 and other models prior to my model year (2012) to get this thing right.

Oh well...maybe the third time to the dealership service dept will be the charm.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by jdlev
Do you have a point, or are you just trolling? I wish I'd had all the information in this thread 3 months ago. I'm pretty sure if you just spent $40k on a new truck that doesn't work, you'd like the solution to be easy to find.
Maybe the point was to keep it in a thread already created instead of starting a bunch of new ones?
Pond Hockey (05-16-2013)
Old 05-15-2013, 08:53 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Unfortunately, to many people on this site, have nothing better to do than Troll the threads, and just complain instead of truly helping others out, or keep their options to themselves! Like how many thread are there on leveling kits, and tires! Gimme a Break!
wizwor (08-22-2018)
Old 05-15-2013, 09:01 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Toddman34
Unfortunately, to many people on this site, have nothing better to do than Troll the threads, and just complain instead of truly helping others out, or keep their options to themselves! Like how many thread are there on leveling kits, and tires! Gimme a Break!
Good Point...
I hope those with issues can get them corrected...I read about it all before I purchased and I guess I am holding out hope the 2013's are going to be alright.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:23 PM
One Clean Machine

Received 1,614 Likes on 1,350 Posts

Originally Posted by Clone
Good Point...
I hope those with issues can get them corrected...I read about it all before I purchased and I guess I am holding out hope the 2013's are going to be alright.
Pacman24, has a 2013 KR and had it happen with the condensation issue, TSB was applied to his, and his still has the problem, so the 13's aren't fixed either! Its wierd how some have it, and some dont!

Quick Reply: Ecoboost Lawsuit - Owners Claim Engine Defective