Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dupli color bed armor? What do yall think?

Old 06-02-2012, 10:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dupli color bed armor? What do yall think?

Saw a commercial for the dupli color bed armor. What do y'all think about it? And how hard is it to
Make it look good yourself? Or is it just better for me to pay the money for a spray in?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:02 PM
The Bear

Received 57 Likes on 48 Posts

I haven't used it on my truck bed yet, but I sprayed my hand held tool box with it. Has a great texture to it. I'm gonna get mine linex'd though, has a warranty and if they screw up they have to fix it, haha. Here's a pic of the color and texture:

Dupli color bed armor? What do yall think?-image-558187391.jpg

I used the Rustoleum inside by truck toolbox an I'm pretty disappointed with it. It has not held up very well and the texture sucks.
Old 06-02-2012, 07:05 PM
The Bear

Here's a picture of my tag I painted with the Duplicolor bedliner after traveling 12 hours on the interstate getting hit by all manner of bugs and road grit:

Dupli color bed armor? What do yall think?-image-14642859.jpg

Not a single chip or scratch on it. All in all I think it held up rather well.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:38 PM

Received 521 Likes on 293 Posts

I would hope a bed liner would hold up to some bugs.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:57 PM
The Bear

Originally Posted by allinon72
I would hope a bed liner would hold up to some bugs.
Haha, you ever driven in Georgia in the summer time? Don't know if it was a big bug or a rock that hit it before but it chipped and dented the hell outta my plate. That's why I painted it. That Rustoleum garbage sucks though. Like I said though, when I get my bed done I'm going to Linex to get it done. One word, warranty. And if they screw something up they have to fix it.

Last edited by FordmanUGA; 06-03-2012 at 09:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:37 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just purchased the kit. Will have a lot more work to do since someone before me rolled in a cheap a#$ Walmart liner.... I'll try to take pictures for ya. From the instructions seems like a real beast. But it doesn't have a re apply limit. So down the road ya need to touch up, just roll on!! Let ya know as soon as I can get some days without rain to do it.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:39 AM
FN SWT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smokey&thebandit
Saw a commercial for the dupli color bed armor. What do y'all think about it? And how hard is it to
Make it look good yourself? Or is it just better for me to pay the money for a spray in?
Save yourself the hassle and have it professionally done. Doing it the right way the first time will save time and money.
Old 06-06-2012, 07:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MSTR-P
Save yourself the hassle and have it professionally done. Doing it the right way the first time will save time and money.
Well theres to many people with that mind set if ya ask me. Wanting to hire everything out. I say roll up your sleeves and jump in it. Sure i have cost my self sometimes twice the money by the time i was done, but i learned how to do it the next time and i had alot more pride knowing that i did it with my own 2 hands. just my thought.

Far as bed liners, i see the commercials for diffrent products that show them throwing stuff in all the time and they say "look, no scratch!" thats all fine and dandy but how about something to strengthin the box when throwing heavy items in like fire wood or river rock?
Old 06-06-2012, 08:10 AM
FN SWT

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by heavychevy
Well theres to many people with that mind set if ya ask me. Wanting to hire everything out. I say roll up your sleeves and jump in it. Sure i have cost my self sometimes twice the money by the time i was done, but i learned how to do it the next time and i had alot more pride knowing that i did it with my own 2 hands. just my thought.

Far as bed liners, i see the commercials for diffrent products that show them throwing stuff in all the time and they say "look, no scratch!" thats all fine and dandy but how about something to strengthin the box when throwing heavy items in like fire wood or river rock?
"that mind set"...I am refering to the subject at hand, which is bedliners. I am all for rolling up my sleeves and getting my hands dirty, but I also know my limitations and live by the old phrase..."you get what you pay for". IMO, I would not put money into a nice truck and then try and save money by investing in a do-it-yourself product that will not measure up to a professional one.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:46 AM
The Bear

^ x2! I agree totally. On top of all of that having a warranty on something that expensive gives a little peace of mind as well.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dupli color bed armor? What do yall think?