Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Drivers Door Blown Open By Wind

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2008, 04:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Drivers Door Blown Open By Wind

Hi Ya'll

Yesterday the wind caught my drives door and was stong enough to take it out of my hand, when I closed the door, it seemed ok but when I got home and parked up and opened the door, I heard the dreaded creaking noise.

The door had defenatley shifted on the top hinge, because the gap at the bottom was about 1/4 of an inch or less and at the top it was a lot closer to the wing panel.

Anyone know if this is an easy fix or would I have to take it in to the autobody shop, the door is not damaged for what I can see, a part from a little paint came off the very edge of the door where it rubbed.....Just wondering if anyone on the forum knows how to ajust the door and if so, what is the proceedure.

Advice is much appreciated

Thank you!

PS.... I'm sickend because, like ya'll I love my F150 4x4 5.4 Super Cab
Old 04-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was able to fix the door on my dakota by slipping some washers between the hinge and the door.

Last edited by Ty; 04-01-2008 at 05:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Ty
I was able to fin the door on my dakota by slipping some washers between the hinge and the door.
Hi Ty

Thank you for the washer tip! ... I just tried it and it was spot on, the gap between the door and the panel are next to perfect.... again thank you!

I will have to come back and post more often because I just got an F150 and know absolutely nothing about it because we don't have trucks like this back in Ireland, so please forgive the ignorance when I start to post, I have so many questions in regards to the truck, gas mileage etc...

In fact you might be able to help me with tire pressure, I have no clue what to put in these, for some reason my F150 seems to be a little taller than others I see driving around, the tires on it are "UniRoyal Laredo" All season AWF LT265 / 75 R16 123/1200 M+S
Old 04-01-2008, 05:30 PM
Ty

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad to hear that I could help!

Im not sure on the size of the oem tires for the f150, but I think they came with a 255 (?) so yours are a bit larger (?)
Old 04-01-2008, 05:32 PM
Quackhead

Welcome to the forum, what year is your truck? If they are original tires, look in the drivers side door jam for tire psi. If they are aftermarket, look on the tire itself. My tires are 31x10.5x15, max psi is 50, I run them at 44-46psi.

Quick Reply: Drivers Door Blown Open By Wind