General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Display screen not working below zero

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2019, 11:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Display screen not working below zero

Hey guys this is my first post here. my 2016 f150 xlt 2.7l ecoboost (65k miles) display screen in the instrument cluster doesn't work at all below zero. It just has the backlight on but no odometer or messages. This is the 2x2 screen. Anything above zero it works great. If i leave the heater on for about 1 hr it faintly becomes visible and then if i turn it off and then back on it works fine. I have called multiple dealers and i got the "never heard of that" line from them all and was told if they couldn't re create it there was nothing they could do. I checked the pigtail on the back of the cluster and it was clean and attached good. Any other thoughts? I believe the cluster was swapped out due to the truck being from Canada. But it is a ford factory part.
Old 02-10-2019, 11:49 AM

Old 02-10-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ster Topp
and yes i was wearing my seatbelt. It does that too when its this cold.
Old 12-28-2021, 05:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ster Topp
Hey guys this is my first post here. my 2016 f150 xlt 2.7l ecoboost (65k miles) display screen in the instrument cluster doesn't work at all below zero. It just has the backlight on but no odometer or messages. This is the 2x2 screen. Anything above zero it works great. If i leave the heater on for about 1 hr it faintly becomes visible and then if i turn it off and then back on it works fine. I have called multiple dealers and i got the "never heard of that" line from them all and was told if they couldn't re create it there was nothing they could do. I checked the pigtail on the back of the cluster and it was clean and attached good. Any other thoughts? I believe the cluster was swapped out due to the truck being from Canada. But it is a ford factory part.
have you gotten this fixed?
I am having same issue, 2019 f150 xlt 5.0
Old 12-28-2021, 07:09 PM
Dielectrically 5w30

Received 5,012 Likes on 3,273 Posts

Let's just assume you mean zero centigrade or zero fahrenheit then? not zero feet elevation? or zero passengers?

Joe, unfortunately it sounds like a possible cold solder joint on the dash gauges, you'll likely need to try one of those places you can send the gages to in order to fix.

Quick Reply: Display screen not working below zero