General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disable seat belt indicator?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 09:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Disable seat belt indicator?

I know, not a great idea, but again I was able to disable this feature on my Dodge but can not find method with my 2014 F150 XLT. I would like to disable the drivers seat belt alarm when not buckled up.

Thansk all.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:54 PM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Sealilly
I know, not a great idea, but again I was able to disable this feature on my Dodge but can not find method with my 2014 F150 XLT. I would like to disable the drivers seat belt alarm when not buckled up.

Thansk all.
They sell a clip that you can buckle in, or cut one off at a junkyard is what ive heard some people do and just leave it clipped in all the time
Old 03-17-2014, 10:12 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by Sealilly
I know, not a great idea, but again I was able to disable this feature on my Dodge but can not find method with my 2014 F150 XLT. I would like to disable the drivers seat belt alarm when not buckled up. Thansk all.
It's in the manual. Under seat belt operation
Old 03-17-2014, 10:36 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Exclamation

Good lord. how many times has this question been answered in the forums? LOL
The following 2 users liked this post by gregsf150stx:
byte (03-17-2014), RES4CUE (03-18-2014)
Old 03-17-2014, 10:52 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Preparation
  1. Before deactivating/activating the belt minder, set the parking brake.
  1. Place the transmission range selector lever in PARK.
  1. Place the ignition switch in the OFF position.
  1. Close all the vehicle doors.
  1. Unbuckle the driver and passenger safety belts.
Deactivating/Activating
  1. Turn the ignition switch to the RUN position. (Do not start the engine.)
  1. Wait until the safety belt warning lamp turns off (approximately 1 minute).
  1. NOTE: Step 3 must be completed within 50 seconds after the safety belt warning lamp turns off or the procedure must be repeated.
    For the seating position being disabled, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending with the safety belt unbuckled.
  1. NOTE: After Step 3, the restraint system warning indicator lamp turns on for 3 seconds.
    Within 10 seconds of the safety belt warning indicator turning on, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt.
  1. The beltminder activation or deactivation is confirmed by the following sequences:
    • If the beltminder is enabled, this procedure will disable the beltminder for that specific seating position. The safety belt warning indicator lamp will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds to confirm that the deactivation procedure was successful.
    • If the beltminder is disabled, this procedure will enable the beltminder for the specific seating postion. The safety belt warning indicator lamp will flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds followed by a second series of 4 flashes per second for 3 seconds to confirm that the activation procedure was successful.
  1. After confirmation, the deactivation/activation procedure is complete.

Old 03-17-2014, 11:02 PM

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I've asked the same question before and not gotten an answer. Given RES4CUE's answer I looked through the manual for my 2012 F150 and found instruction for disabling the "Belt Minder" chimes. Apparently I'd found this before, because it was highlighted. I tried following the long, awkward instructions several times and was NOT able to disable the chimes.

What DOES work for me is just to the right of the right-hand seat rail, between the rail and the center console, there's a connector. I disconnect this and the chimes go away. I suspect that this also disables the airbag system for the driver's seat, but then I've never in all my life ever needed the airbags, while every time I start the engine I am subjected to those D*** chimes.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:11 PM

Received 708 Likes on 486 Posts

it is indeed in the manual, and the procedure works well.
It also works as intended by reminding you to buckle up. and when you disable it and dont buckle up, the po-po will be happy to remind you...

oddly enough, the fine for failure to signal a right-turn is more than the one for no seat belt.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like that feature for at the lake or at my girlfriends parents acreage. Dont wear a seat belt there and I dont know anyone that wears one driving around the campground
Old 03-18-2014, 10:41 AM
Mark

Received 2,416 Likes on 2,117 Posts

Campground driving can be very dangerous...lol
Old 03-18-2014, 07:52 PM

Received 1,523 Likes on 1,203 Posts

Originally Posted by billfernandez
I've asked the same question before and not gotten an answer. Given RES4CUE's answer I looked through the manual for my 2012 F150 and found instruction for disabling the "Belt Minder" chimes. Apparently I'd found this before, because it was highlighted. I tried following the long, awkward instructions several times and was NOT able to disable the chimes. What DOES work for me is just to the right of the right-hand seat rail, between the rail and the center console, there's a connector. I disconnect this and the chimes go away. I suspect that this also disables the airbag system for the driver's seat, but then I've never in all my life ever needed the airbags, while every time I start the engine I am subjected to those D*** chimes.
I'm not the safety police but I would put up with chimes or figure out the procedure vs disable an air bag system.

You may not have needed it yet but......
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (03-18-2014)

Quick Reply: Disable seat belt indicator?