Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dent dealer did not catch

Old 05-09-2018, 10:32 PM

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Dent dealer did not catch

I picked up my truck less than a week ago and it was at night. I made sure to park away from everyone .The following day I noticed a small dent in the door . I then took a deeper look at the truck and it looks like the truck was never even prepped for delivery . I found some type of sticky tape on the top of the box. I also notice the cargo light one of the bulbs are missing . The interior thethe film on the door handles was never peeled off and in the back there was a foot print of dirt. They also forgot to give me my second key. I notified my sales guy right away and took pics and sent them. I am bringing the truck back to get the spray in liner done Thursday next week I really hope they fix all of this and actually prep the vehicle. Anyone have any pointers for me to make sure this all gets done?

Old 05-10-2018, 12:36 AM

Received 1,137 Likes on 820 Posts

All easy fixes, even the dent, assuming the dealership also has a body shop. Even if they don't they could have someone out to remove it for $50. You could go in thinking the squeaky wheel gets the grease or you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar. I'd lead with the honey and go from there.

If it were me, I would then detail my truck myself. With a good waxing this summer, that should get you through winter. I waxed my hatch a year ago and didn't hand wash it all winter (went to the do it yourself car wash and just sprayed it off a few times with the pressure hose) and just washed it last week and it looks freshly detailed. New or used, they never detail them well enough.

If it goes south, ask for the general manager or go in knowing who that is. (Probably on their website.)

Then post some full photos of your new ride.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:56 AM

Received 216 Likes on 183 Posts

It unfortunately happens... Just bring it back ASAP and see what they tell you. Time is playing against you - they might tell you they're not responsible for it since it could have happened anytime after you left their lot.

However, selling a brand new car without prepping is very unprofessional.

Last edited by Eduskator; 05-10-2018 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:52 PM

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

No offense, but it sounds like you were at fault not inspecting it before you left the dealership. I'm sure they will take care of it, but consider this a learning moment. Inspect before you leave the dealership. Good luck!
Old 05-10-2018, 04:29 PM

Received 2,719 Likes on 2,056 Posts

Originally Posted by gamason
No offense, but it sounds like you were at fault not inspecting it before you left the dealership. I'm sure they will take care of it, but consider this a learning moment. Inspect before you leave the dealership. Good luck!
^^ This. Hard lesson to learn, but always, always go over the entire vehicle before driving off. Make sure that any defect is noted with the dealership and that arrangements are made to have them corrected, in writing, or they could come back and say, not us. Picking up at night is also a bad thing as you are rushed, and without full sun light a lot can be missed. My truck I managed to miss a few defects in the paint due to not enough bright light, I checked it out with it inside. In sunlight I found a few spots on the hood where the clear was dulled by something and could only be seen in bright light.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (05-12-2018)
Old 05-10-2018, 05:03 PM

Received 2,208 Likes on 1,689 Posts

Originally Posted by FerdinandF150
All easy fixes, even the dent, assuming the dealership also has a body shop. Even if they don't they could have someone out to remove it for $50. You could go in thinking the squeaky wheel gets the grease or you catch more flies with honey than you do vinegar. I'd lead with the honey and go from there.

If it were me, I would then detail my truck myself. With a good waxing this summer, that should get you through winter. I waxed my hatch a year ago and didn't hand wash it all winter (went to the do it yourself car wash and just sprayed it off a few times with the pressure hose) and just washed it last week and it looks freshly detailed. New or used, they never detail them well enough.

If it goes south, ask for the general manager or go in knowing who that is. (Probably on their website.)

Then post some full photos of your new ride.
My guess is their body shop wont see this, but a third party PDR will.
Old 05-10-2018, 09:32 PM
Ti-VCT Just Kicked In Yo!

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts

When I took my brand new truck home from the dealer last September, I found huge scratches in the door sill and a few rock chips on the bedside. I came back a week later and told them about it, and they touched up the rock chips and resprayed the door sills for free in less than 4 hours without any questions.
Old 05-11-2018, 02:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take pictures before you drive it off the lot,even with good prep, they always miss things, or don't tell you.
Old 05-11-2018, 07:11 PM

Received 1,139 Likes on 713 Posts

Never take delivery of a vehicle at night. The dealer I bought my truck from did an excellent job detailing it before delivery. They even installed the box cleats and left the box with the keys in it on the back seat. Even though I took delivery on a bright sunny day I still missed two small dents in the tailgate. Don't think it's the dealer's fault since the dents look like they were there before it was painted.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (05-12-2018)
Old 05-11-2018, 09:18 PM

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMCyclone3.5F150_ML
When I took my brand new truck home from the dealer last September, I found huge scratches in the door sill and a few rock chips on the bedside. I came back a week later and told them about it, and they touched up the rock chips and resprayed the door sills for free in less than 4 hours without any questions.
As they should. Some people act like if you don't see it in the first five minutes you're stuck with it. If Ford was actually that petty with new vehicle customers they wouldn't be in business very long. Ford knows these complaints are legit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Dent dealer did not catch