General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer Installed Lift Kit

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2017, 12:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer Installed Lift Kit / Leveling Kit

I’m new to the forum and will start shopping for a new truck. I’m leaning towards a F150 Super Crew with 2.7 EB. I definitely want to go with bigger wheels and have it lifted. My question is...should you go with an aftermarket company to do the lift or is this something that can be done through Ford?

Last edited by SummitSitter; 12-03-2017 at 12:10 PM.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:35 PM

Received 401 Likes on 229 Posts

Ford is not the one installing the lift, the local dealer would be. Ford Motor Company is not the local dealer and the local dealer is not Ford Motor Company.

If you choose to have a local dealer install the lift they will tell you that it is warrantied. It is only warrantied through that specific dealer and not by Ford Motor Company so do not expect a different dealer to honor the warranty that the original dealer said it has or Ford Motor Company.

In the end it doesn’t really matter who you go with as long as it is a reputable shop.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Brand
Ford is not the one installing the lift, the local dealer would be. Ford Motor Company is not the local dealer and the local dealer is not Ford Motor Company.

If you choose to have a local dealer install the lift they will tell you that it is warrantied. It is only warrantied through that specific dealer and not by Ford Motor Company so do not expect a different dealer to honor the warranty that the original dealer said it has or Ford Motor Company.

In the end it doesn’t really matter who you go with as long as it is a reputable shop.
Thanks for the info. Does it make any difference which brand lift you go with? Also, what size lift and tire size do you guys recommend? Would a 6” lift be the way to go? I’m going to be commuting with this truck and also using it for fishing on the beach and hunting.
Old 12-02-2017, 04:57 PM

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

If you are hunting with the truck the last thing I would do is lift it. As a hunter, I want the tailgate as low as possible to load my kill if necessary. Pulling a buck, nice hog, etc. into a lifted truck is retarded.

If you are lifting the truck, get a side by side or something to drag your kill out.

I have been in some thick **** hunting and have never “needed” a lift. My 0.02.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Stricnine
If you are hunting with the truck the last thing I would do is lift it. As a hunter, I want the tailgate as low as possible to load my kill if necessary. Pulling a buck, nice hog, etc. into a lifted truck is retarded.

If you are lifting the truck, get a side by side or something to drag your kill out.

I have been in some thick **** hunting and have never “needed” a lift. My 0.02.
I mainly hunt private property and I’m not driving far in. Most of the time I will have someone there to help me load a deer. I know it’s not necessary lifting the truck, but it would be mainly for the look...
Old 12-02-2017, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by SummitSitter
Thanks for the info. Does it make any difference which brand lift you go with? Also, what size lift and tire size do you guys recommend? Would a 6” lift be the way to go? I’m going to be commuting with this truck and also using it for fishing on the beach and hunting.
What you go with definitely makes a difference. I would recommend reading this forum for 2 or 3 weeks to get more familiar with your tuck and to see what other people are doing with theirs. Then you will be better informed to make a decision on what to do with yours.
Old 12-02-2017, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Brand
What you go with definitely makes a difference. I would recommend reading this forum for 2 or 3 weeks to get more familiar with your tuck and to see what other people are doing with theirs. Then you will be better informed to make a decision on what to do with yours.
I'm definitely going to do some research and read as much as I can on this forum. I figured it would make things a little easier asking what you guys have went with with your lifts. Hopefully I can find some threads with pics and info...
Old 12-02-2017, 08:29 PM

You can do a front end level up to 2.5” by just replacing a few components in the front end. For anything over that it requires cutting the crossmember from the frame and is a more involved and costly installation.
Old 12-03-2017, 08:54 AM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

A dealer will install and warranty whatever their preferred brand is. But expect to pay several thousands of dollars.

Lift kits start at $1000. Get one and get a reputable shop to do it.
Old 12-03-2017, 12:08 PM

I was talking to a rep at Island Ford In British Columbia who have a good amount of customized trucks for sale at their dealership. The rep was explaining that an option would be getting a 2” Leveling Kit that raises the front end.

What benefit do you get by raising the front end with a leveling kit and why isn’t the truck’s front end already raised to the same height as the rear end? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

The rep also mentioned that one of their builds consisted of a new front shock assembly and rear shock that they would consider a 2” lift. What are the pros and cons of doing a front lift verses a 6” lift?