Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutting hole in back of Supercrew cab?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2012, 08:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Cutting hole in back of Supercrew cab?

I know, I can't bare the thought of cutting a permanent hole out of my truck but heres the situation...I need to be able to store/leave 10-11' fishing rods in my truck and have them locked up. I was thinking of cutting a hole behind the fold down armrest with a door so I can have the rods run through and have a tonneau to lock them inside. Is this even possible or worth it if done right? Any help? I definitely wouldn't trust myself to do this so I'd have to find a place willing to. A cap is out of question since I hate the look, I know resale will be hurt but I plan on running this truck into the ground.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

yes u can cut a hole from cab into the bed of your truck. i cut my cab n bed up for my stereo system. once u cut the hole get you some topper booting to go between the cab n bed that will seal it from the weather.
Old 02-09-2012, 10:19 AM

Received 57 Likes on 41 Posts

I think if you can find someone to make the modification professionally it could actually add some value to your truck to the right buyer. Take me for example, I've owned my truck less than 4 months but I've already had to put 10 - 10' 1/2" electrical conduit poles in my truck and so that I didn't have to tie them down or have them sticking 4' out the back of the truck I slid them through my sliding window to the floor board of the passenger seat and they rode home safely without moving or me having to take the extra time to tie them down and flag them. I would love it if my bed had an access door to get into the backseat. With the seats folded down that would add a few feet of extra space if you needed to extend something from the bed.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

look at putting a deck plate (from a boat, round, screws in, water tight) in the areas you cut.

Quick Reply: Cutting hole in back of Supercrew cab?