Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

crossed over to the dark side....

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:52 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default crossed over to the dark side....

Ended up trading the f150 today. I just needed more towing power. REALLY wanted a 13 platinum superduty but ford wasnt being fair on either side of the numbers. Took delivery of the replacement this morning..... ITs been fun guys. I wish I could have stayed in the ford family, But I dont like being screwed and am actually really happy with the new truck. I will have things for sale in the next day or so such as my Retrofit HID lights, weathertec mats, etc..... I also have the tuner from my truck, But I dont know if it can be used on any other truck or not. Anybody know?

Old 12-17-2012, 11:48 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

As long as you return your truck to stock with the tuner I believe someone else could use it. How much you want for those retrofits?
Old 12-17-2012, 11:56 PM

Received 85 Likes on 68 Posts

Strong looking ride. Hope it makes you happy.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:37 AM
Heat Miser

Received 144 Likes on 115 Posts

I've owned 5 Duramaxes. If I could've afforded one(or a Ford, or a Dodge) this time around, I would've jumped on it. Hopefully you got a really good deal on it since they announced the '14s. Perfect time to get a deal. Absolutely nothing wrong with buying the vehicle that suits YOUR needs.
BTW...lemme know about your headlights if/when you get around to selling 'em, Pa-Leaze!
Thanx
Old 12-18-2012, 01:43 AM

Received 123 Likes on 118 Posts

I like the custom license plates..haha. Nice looking truck. Hopefully it does exactly what you ask of it.
Old 12-18-2012, 02:47 AM
New2f150

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

What color and price for your mats? I'm interested! Pm me if you want.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:26 AM

Received 473 Likes on 426 Posts

To me its weird how people buy every brand of vehicle just because they can get it cheaper. My family is a Ford family and there is no way we would drive anything else. But that's why everyone is different or this world would be a boring place (but atleast we would all be driving Fords lol!!!!). I bet that interior isn't nearly as nice as a platinum.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:47 AM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by smcox1
To me its weird how people buy every brand of vehicle just because they can get it cheaper. My family is a Ford family and there is no way we would drive anything else. But that's why everyone is different or this world would be a boring place (but atleast we would all be driving Fords lol!!!!). I bet that interior isn't nearly as nice as a platinum.
If a certain dealer/brand won't treat me right on the price, I'll go buy something else. Why get deliberately drilled on a new truck just to stay with the same brand?

OP: Nice truck! I may end up with the 2500 version of that as my next truck.
The following users liked this post:
canddmeyer (12-22-2012)
Old 12-18-2012, 09:59 AM

Received 473 Likes on 426 Posts

I have never been s****** on the price of a truck if a dealer doesn't want to give me a deal I move on to another Ford dealer. I don't think two of our Ford trucks have ever come from the same dealer. LOL!! It's just that I love my Fords and I will never drive anything else. Although I do have a project protouring 76 camaro but that's the only vehicle that's not a Ford that I will drive.
Old 12-18-2012, 11:16 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Yeah, I'm sorry. I'm not brand loyal. I just don't get that. I think most car makers have their pros and cons. I bought a Ford because of all the innovation Ford had made in their trucks. My last 2 trucks were GM. I didn't allow that to stop me from looking at other brands to get the best truck for my needs.

Nice truck Developer. Those Denali pickups are very nice. Hate to see you leave the site but I hope this truck better suits your needs.

Quick Reply: crossed over to the dark side....