General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chevy's Advertising - Isn't Working?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2016, 05:19 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 2,271 Likes on 1,391 Posts

Default Chevy's Advertising - Isn't Working?

I took this from an article that was posted today on MSN. A good part of the article was talking about the incentives Ford is now offering. Outside of the large incentives, I found this part to be interesting.

"Ford Motor Co. (F) just reported a 29% year-over-year sales gain on its F-Series pickups. The company sold 70,937 pickups in June, up from 67,412 in May. For the year to date, F-Series pickup sales are up 10.7%.

Ford may also be a little more worried than the company wants to admit about recent attack ads from Chevy that have gone after the aluminum bed in the F-150, comparing it to the steel bed the Chevy Silverado. Chevy began running the ads in early June and the monthly sales figures appear to indicate that the ads had little impact on sales. Silverado's sales actually fell 3.7% in June. Adding a $1,000 cash incentive may be Ford's way of keeping up the pressure".

QQ - Is there anyone that doesn't think the front end of the Silverado is anything but just plain FUGLY? Throw in some square fenders and the rest doesn't even matter.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:33 PM

Received 1,585 Likes on 950 Posts

Agreed. I also read somewhere that Dodge had the highest incentive, then Chevy, and Ford was lowest (just for 1/2T PU)

Even my Chevy friends admit the bed ads are pretty desperate.

The closer you get to the front of the Chevy, the more of a disaster it becomes. Wow, desperate design to go with the desperate ads.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:36 PM

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by idrive

QQ - Is there anyone that doesn't think the front end of the Silverado is anything but just plain FUGLY? Throw in some square fenders and the rest doesn't even matter.
That's one of the reasons I picked the F150. I like the look and the technology packages. That's not to say there aren't issues with the F150. There are.

There's just such a huge range of options in the trucks these days. The XL/XLT trucks aren't even close to a Platinum. So I don't know how you can just compare F150s against Silverados without breaking down what levels are being purchased.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:38 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought the Ford because of the ads! You heard me right.
The Chevy bed had more dents than the Ford in the video. Check out the Photos yourself
I want a truck that is dent resistant not puncher proof.
Attached Thumbnails Chevy's Advertising - Isn't Working?-chevy.png   Chevy's Advertising - Isn't Working?-ford.png  

Last edited by SilvSurfer; 07-05-2016 at 05:41 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

the commercial reeks of desperation, it's an f150 not a f450 dump truck, i sure wouldn't be dropping concrete blocks from 10ft up regardless of make of truck.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:52 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I bought another F150, well because it's a Ford and everything else looks ugly. The tundra looks over built, the dodge just flat out doesn't appeal to me and don't get me started on the Chevy.

I ran into Lowes the other day and when I came out a newer Silverado was parked next to me. I couldn't even look at the Chevy, just thought to myself, that is not a good looking truck.
Old 07-05-2016, 05:53 PM

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

A good loader operator wouldn't drop that load in a dump truck bed.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:13 PM
Gearhead

Received 754 Likes on 434 Posts

I think GM is doing OK with their half tons. Only 11,000 behind the F150 thru May (combining Chevrolet and GMC half tons). I like the engines of the GM half tons better than the Fords. I have no problems with the styling. The Z71 has too much painted surface on the front which is going to show lots of paint chips. The chrome/bright fronts are fine. They look a litttle beefier than the Ford. There are plenty of GMCs and Chevys running around my area. I would have gotten a GMC Sierra Denali 4X4 6.2l but the King Ranch won out with more comfort convenience items that I'm used to. I like the GM, Ram and Ford trucks and I have no issues with anyone that buys any of them.
Old 07-05-2016, 06:24 PM

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by SilvSurfer
I bought the Ford because of the ads! You heard me right.
The Chevy bed had more dents than the Ford in the video. Check out the Photos yourself
I want a truck that is dent resistant not puncher proof.
In Ford's video the aluminum is more dent resistant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqsLREdL9nw
Old 07-05-2016, 06:33 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Exclamation

I like mine. Its a nice change. (I hate chrome)

Originally Posted by idrive
Attached Thumbnails Chevy's Advertising - Isn't Working?-16silv1.jpg  

Quick Reply: Chevy's Advertising - Isn't Working?