Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carjacked at gun point yesterday...

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 08:30 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Carjacked at gun point yesterday...

I work nights at the local Ford assembly plant. When I left work I knew I needed bread to make the wife's lunch so I stopped at the local Hyvee to buy some bread. I was about to get out of the truck when the guy slammed into the cart holder right next to me and started waving a revolver, got out of his vehicle and pointed it straight for me.

I ended up giving him my keys, wallet and cell phone. He told me to get in the truck and drive, he got in the truck and the second he turned his back I sprinted for the store. They called the cops and he took off....I was the third car theft victim in his rampage. I had owned this truck barely 3 months. This cracked out desperate man drove my truck through back roads and peoples yards, fences, and stone retaining walls like he was running the Baja 1000... Now I have to fight with American Family insurance on whether to fix or total the truck. I am crossed...

Here is the best news video I could find. He was shot and killed, as bad as it sound it made me happy.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/09/05/911-and...ed-two-cities/
Old 09-06-2013, 08:36 AM

Received 49 Likes on 41 Posts

Very sorry to hear this. You are a very lucky man though. Could have been much worse.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:37 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to hear that you made it without getting hurt, the truck can be replaced you not so much. As for the guy that did it, well I dont feel bad about what happened to him what so ever. I dont have any sympothy for criminals like that. Maybe bad to say but oh well, he got what was coming to him!!!
The following users liked this post:
Toddman38 (09-13-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:48 AM

Received 562 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by sturtzie
Good to hear that you made it without getting hurt, the truck can be replaced you not so much. As for the guy that did it, well I dont feel bad about what happened to him what so ever. I dont have any sympothy for criminals like that. Maybe bad to say but oh well, he got what was coming to him!!!
He wasn't even shot by police, it was a homeowner who feared for the safety of his family. Good man.

Glad you made it out okay!
ComQuest (09-06-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:50 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sturtzie

X2
BpK9Miami (09-07-2013)
Old 09-06-2013, 08:58 AM
Batteries Not Included

Received 294 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Colby450xc
I work nights at the local Ford assembly plant. When I left work I knew I needed bread to make the wife's lunch so I stopped at the local Hyvee to buy some bread. I was about to get out of the truck when the guy slammed into the cart holder right next to me and started waving a revolver, got out of his vehicle and pointed it straight for me.

I ended up giving him my keys, wallet and cell phone. He told me to get in the truck and drive, he got in the truck and the second he turned his back I sprinted for the store. They called the cops and he took off....I was the third car theft victim in his rampage. I had owned this truck barely 3 months. This cracked out desperate man drove my truck through back roads and peoples yards, fences, and stone retaining walls like he was running the Baja 1000... Now I have to fight with American Family insurance on whether to fix or total the truck. I am crossed...

Here is the best news video I could find. He was shot and killed, as bad as it sound it made me happy.

http://fox4kc.com/2013/09/05/911-and...ed-two-cities/
I believe it's tragic when anyone dies.

However;

In this instance, the gentleman chose his actions knowing full well there were repercussions. I do not weep for him.

When people drink and drive and die because of it, I do not weep for them.

When people take crazy risks when they know there is a great risk of personal injury or death, I do not weep for them.

We often hear the aftermath in the media. What baffles me is how they try to draw sympathy for these individuals by pointing out how they had loving families and whatnot. Shouldn't that be an incentive to NOT be an imbicile?

My friend, I am glad you are okay. I hope you can put this incident behind you quickly and go on with your life. Quite often criminals get rather light sentences while the victims are sentenced to a lifetime of trauma and loss. This person gambled, lost and paid the ultimate price, but he damn well knew the rules going in.
The following 8 users liked this post by sgtpatiolantern:
bobkyle2 (09-10-2013), ComQuest (09-06-2013), Floored150 (09-06-2013), Jeriko (09-06-2013), Left Plate (09-06-2013), TireKicker (09-06-2013), Wanted33 (09-06-2013), WeglFan (10-07-2013) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 09-06-2013, 09:05 AM
2013 Tuxedo Black Limited

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Glad you are alright! After having my home burglarized I know what it is like to be a victim of these predatory pieces of garbage. What makes this worse is if they caught this guy instead of cleaning up after a homeowner protected himself the victims will again get victimized in court if it ever makes it to court. Don't get me started on what a sham our legal system. We caught the perp that broke into our house, but the whole court experience was a real eye opener leaving us wondering why he was still walking the street. The only good thing about this case is you made it out safely and justice found its way to permanently solve the problem.

Last edited by Crab Balls; 09-06-2013 at 09:09 AM.

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Sorry to hear about that man but glad you made it out okay. A car/truck can be replaced a life cant.

Just noticed this all went done some what close to me as im in Overland Park.

Received 93 Likes on 81 Posts

Glad you are okay. Crack heads seem to do anything for their fix. One for the homeowner.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:10 AM
Cruz'n Down The Boulevard

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

One quick thought for everyone - "Are you prepared to suffer the consequences of your actions?"
The following 4 users liked this post by bigrun42:
achenlx200 (09-08-2013), ComQuest (09-06-2013), GraveDigger85 (09-07-2013), sgtpatiolantern (09-06-2013)

Quick Reply: Carjacked at gun point yesterday...