General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cam Phasers

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 10:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Phasers

I just put a new 5.4 reman engine in my 05 F150. I have roughly 2,000 miles on it. My problem is, sometimes when I accelerate, it acts like the timing is retarded. It has almost caused me to get in an accident from loss of power. I am thinking the problem may be the cam phasers. The new engine is complete with all new parts including cam phasers. My question is, what would cause the cam phasers not to advance the timing? I don't have a ck engine light, and it doesn't show any codes.
Old 08-22-2017, 08:32 AM
F150 Forum

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Do you happen to know what kind of phasers that engine has? Because I know that some have an internal locating pin that slides into a hole to lock the phaser in position when no oil pressure is applied. When oil pressure is applied, it pushes the locating pin out of its locked position allowing the phaser to rotate. (essentially advancing or restricting the valve timing)
Old 08-22-2017, 08:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cam Phasers

No I don't. Hower, it doesn't do it all the time. I bought the motor from Powersource engines. I can contact them to find out what kind of phasers they use. I will let you know.
Thanks