Buyback process - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyback process

Old 10-22-2018, 01:15 PM

Question Buyback process

Hello folks. I am in the process of a buyback for my 2016 F150 due to water leaks.
Anyone have any insight on the buyback process?
At first I was told I needed to find a vehicle with the same MSRP or more.
Then, after I got transferred to the RAV department, the rep asked if I wanted to do a refund instead so I could go get a replacement truck sooner, prior to the process being completed.
The question I have is:
They are buying the truck back.... do they pay off the loan AND refund me the payments I have made? I ask because there was inequity in the original loan. What happens to that?
If I paid (for example) $50k for the truck, rolled in 15k inequity, for a financed amount 65k. Made $15k in payments. Owe 50k on the loan. Do they pay off the loan AND refund me what I have paid into it?

Thanks in advance!

Old 10-22-2018, 02:44 PM
2018 F150 Platinum FX4

They will not pay you for the "inequity", you will still owe it.

They will pay back what you paid less an amount for your use. You/They would apply that to your loan.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:42 PM

I had Ford buy back my 2013 platinum with 4900 miles on it , Ford ask me what I wanted and told them another platinum, there wasn’t any like I had just bought a few months earlier , So I said I’d like the 2014 Limited on the lot , deal done , I had to pay 1400.00 be cause sticker price was a little higher , finance company switched title paperwork Done , I was suprised it was easy and painless, they don’t pay loan off , current loan was still in effect just switched titles, they did offer to buy it , they offered almost what I bought it for , waived the mileage charge , but I wanted a truck

Last edited by timtoolman; 10-22-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Buyback process

Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: