General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BREAKING NEWS: Toyota to halt sales.

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 06:36 PM
Andrew

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default BREAKING NEWS: Toyota to halt sales.

Just saw that Toyota is closing 5 plants and stopping sales of most of their models for a week until they get to the bottom of their problem with accelerators.

stand by for an update.

just another reason why not to buy a toyota

Last edited by red1994ford; 01-26-2010 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:38 PM
Andrew

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...,1138022.shtml
Old 01-26-2010, 06:40 PM

Received 1,389 Likes on 664 Posts

hmmm, thats interesting.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Andrew

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35086922/ns/business-autos/
Old 01-26-2010, 06:57 PM
BLOWN club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i guess it wasnt the floor mats.....like the lady that had it happen to her said.....
Old 01-27-2010, 12:25 AM
HEMI LOL

Originally Posted by red1994ford
Just saw that Toyota is closing 5 plants and stopping sales of most of their models for a week until they get to the bottom of their problem with accelerators.

stand by for an update.

just another reason why not to buy a toyota
you know before you babble you should read.........
The problematic part on the toyota is built by a company called CTS. guess what, they build TONS of parts on your ford too. SO, by your reasoning should you not buy a ford either?

Old 01-27-2010, 10:13 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

has anyone heard the 911 call with the guy saying that he has no brakes because of the stuck accelerator, and then they crash into an intersection where they all die?

that was gruesome just to hear that recording.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:28 AM

Received 1,389 Likes on 664 Posts

Originally Posted by paulwest27
has anyone heard the 911 call with the guy saying that he has no brakes because of the stuck accelerator, and then they crash into an intersection where they all die?

that was gruesome just to hear that recording.
i havent heard that but i suppose i dont want to either. the local moring show was talking about this topic this morning and a caller called in and told a story about her mom that was killed in one of these toyotas. the throttle stuck and she swerved to miss a group of kids waiting for the bus and she slammed into a tree and died. whatever the issue is, i hope they remedy it fast becuase it not only endangers the owners of those vehicles but also everyone around them. dont get me wrong, i know every automaker has its problems but IMO, this is too big of one to miss and could damage a companys reputation for years, even for a company with a hugely overated quality record as toyota. i feel for the employees affected by this shut down but i hope this is an eye opener for the toyota fanboys that there "superior quality" jap crap may not be as great as once thought.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:32 AM
Pistol

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Tundra trucks have been recalled as well for the frames rusting out!How can they make such crap???
Old 01-27-2010, 10:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kozal01
i havent heard that but i suppose i dont want to either. the local moring show was talking about this topic this morning and a caller called in and told a story about her mom that was killed in one of these toyotas. the throttle stuck and she swerved to miss a group of kids waiting for the bus and she slammed into a tree and died. whatever the issue is, i hope they remedy it fast becuase it not only endangers the owners of those vehicles but also everyone around them. dont get me wrong, i know every automaker has its problems but IMO, this is too big of one to miss and could damage a companys reputation for years, even for a company with a hugely overated quality record as toyota. i feel for the employees affected by this shut down but i hope this is an eye opener for the toyota fanboys that there "superior quality" jap crap may not be as great as once thought.

i think that the total death count for the yota's problems is 15!

after hearing that 911 call, i am glad to see that they are not blaming the problem on floor mats, like they were before, and taking responsibility of what has happened.

if they dont do something major, i think that it will tarnish their name for a while, IMO.

Quick Reply: BREAKING NEWS: Toyota to halt sales.