General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brand New 2.5 year old battery!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 07:15 PM

Received 314 Likes on 166 Posts
Default Brand New 2.5 year old battery!

I had an interesting experience on monday picking up a battery for my wife's car,
went to a local autoparts chain and picked up an expensive bosch agm battery.
I didn't think to look at the round sticker with the year and month the battery was made until I got it home,
turns out I had just purchased a $160.00 battery that was made in april of 2016.

When I returned it (of course!) the girl at the register went out of her way to tell me that a 31 month old battery was
absolutely fine and that there was nothing wrong with that.(her tone of voice implied that I was being silly, if I'm not mistaken)

I am not posting this for a bitchfest,
the moral of the story is look at the little round sticker on the side(usually) of the battery
BEFORE you buy it...... not after like I did.
Old 11-10-2018, 07:28 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you save the receipt, they probably will honor the warranty, but who wants to deal with warranty when the battery dies early?

Also, I have a bad experience with Bosch battery.
I purchased a battery from Pepboys for one of the company truck, but it turned out the truck did not need a new battery.
I went to return the battery and I was told it is Pepboy's policy to test returned battery to check if it really is the new battery I'm returning. I did not even remove the protective caps.
What could go wrong with brand new battery?
It failed. Only measured about 3/4 of CCA the battery was rated.

I argued with them store manager and in the end, all they could do was issue me a store credit.

Never buying any batteries from Pepboys again.

Quick Reply: Brand New 2.5 year old battery!