General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bluetooth issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 08:54 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Default Bluetooth issue

Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue...
My bluetooth on my 2012 with Nav system works great 90% of time. However sometimes if I am on the phone and put the truck in reverse to back up , the phone begins to echo on the other end for the person I am talking to. Weird, just curious if anyone else has had this issue. iPhone 4

Thanks
Old 11-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerz1
Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue...
My bluetooth on my 2012 with Nav system works great 90% of time. However sometimes if I am on the phone and put the truck in reverse to back up , the phone begins to echo on the other end for the person I am talking to. Weird, just curious if anyone else has had this issue. iPhone 4

Thanks
Hi steelerz1,

This is an interesting behavior. Did this issue exist before the latest iOS? Have you tried connecting any other devices with the system to duplicate the instance? It sounds like there may be a delay at times that the auto-feedback filter doesn't kick in when it should. Does there seem to be any correlation between the temperature outside and when the echo occurs? I've heard of SYNC having a bit of lag in extreme cold or hot conditions, but this certainly shouldn't be a common occurrence.

Antonio
Old 11-29-2013, 02:49 PM

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Hey Antonio

It seems to only occur just after I have put the truck in reverse and backed up to park. I almost always back into parking spaces and if I am using the bluetooth feature I will get complaints that there is an echo which was not there until I backed up. I can hit the pivacy button on my nav system and talk using the phone and the echo goes away. I never have any complaints about sound quality other than that. I am running ios 6.1 on my antique iphone 4...did not upgrade to the new ios because of reports of it not working well with the older phones.

I have had the issue in various temps and have not tried any other devices as my phone is the only one that uses the bluetooth in my truck.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:06 AM
Ford Customer Service

Received 315 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by steelerz1
Hey Antonio

It seems to only occur just after I have put the truck in reverse and backed up to park. I almost always back into parking spaces and if I am using the bluetooth feature I will get complaints that there is an echo which was not there until I backed up. I can hit the pivacy button on my nav system and talk using the phone and the echo goes away. I never have any complaints about sound quality other than that. I am running ios 6.1 on my antique iphone 4...did not upgrade to the new ios because of reports of it not working well with the older phones.

I have had the issue in various temps and have not tried any other devices as my phone is the only one that uses the bluetooth in my truck.
steelerz1,

I see. For the sake of troubleshooting, you could connect a different phone with SYNC to see if the behavior can be duplicated. If it seems like you get the echo regardless of which phone you use, I would recommend having your dealership take a look at it. I could walk you through a few reset procedures, but your dealership would be in the best position to assist and monitor any strange patterns in your system's behavior. In any case, keep me posted.

Antonio

Quick Reply: Bluetooth issue