Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blend doors for f150 heaters

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 09:46 PM
bgg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Blend doors for f150 heaters

Hi, my 2009 f150 fx4.Pass. side heat blowing cold. I tried to remove centre console but could not get the bottom free and did not want to break anything out in -30 C. I`ll look in the book some more. I can see in the book where the top blend door motor is but need to get to it first and with out busting anything else.
Always owned nothing but ford vehicles. It is very cold out where i live and I do enjoy working on my own stuff. But come on designers for the love of your customers, make it so a guy can fix it.We all can`t afford to run to a shop for every poorly engineered little thing. Design it, then drive up into Canada here when it is -35c and try and work on it outside. Bet you`ll freeze your hands and be pissed off to no end too! I live remotely and would love to see how you like fixing some of these marvels of technology you create on the computer out here. Got to admit wish I had my old fords back on this cold day(built tougher in the simplest of important things-HEAT!)
Old 01-15-2014, 10:21 PM

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

What amazes me is it the same chit for all fords, B2B warranty expires and then the blend door breaks.
Best way in the world to sell new cars and trucks.
They know its a problem and Ford will not re-engineer the part.
I bet the all aluminum, new and improved super awesome miracle 2015 f150's blend door breaks the minute the B2B warranty is up.
Planned obsolescence.
I love my fords but damn, why can't they fix this part?
My 2008 ranger broke in the heat position, but there is a shut off on the coolant line for max air. I ran a cable with a pull **** inside, and manually shut off the heat in the summer then opened her up for the winter, too damn much work to change a blend door.
The following users liked this post:
bgg (08-28-2015)
Old 01-21-2014, 11:52 AM
bgg

Default to the martiangod

I hear you there !!!! If It wasn`t the passenger blend door I would do the same thing as you did. Was just at ford and looking at parts. The new motor is only 40.00 $ roughly, cheap as far as ford parts go. But if I do indeed need the blend door itself I was told I need to purchase the entire heatercore a/c condenser housing with all the doors and cores inside in one unit.$340 roughly which if everything is in there thats fine. But it`ll be the same junky doors and at -35C now I have to unhooks cores and condensors and recharge ac then it`ll cost 1500$ for sure because I cannot refill ac myself out in the snowbank. As My 1996 f250 sits rusting terribly next to my 2009 f150fx4 I get in and start her up leaves, pine needles dust and dirt come shooting from the vents along with glorious heat. I wonder to myself, why did I just buy this newer used ford which is all I could afford (not brand new)?
On another note I see the all new 2015 aluminum truck body still sits on a steel frame waiting to rust rapidly from underneath like cancer spreading within a person. Ford goes through the trouble to finally put a new body which should be a winner on a dead horse again. Here in Canada salt on the roads kills my stuff quickly. Nothing is made to last. No wonder China is going to own North America soon. We are to busy screwing each other for cash to see the big picture. Make all of the truck in North America with Canadian and US workers and make it to last so us poor suckers can GET AHEAD!!!! If you go on you tube watch the b24 production video which is a ford plant. For the time it is amazing and everything is quality made. Awesome video, maybe the people at ford should watch this video and reflect on quality. People will keep buying strong good quality easy to work on equipment, not junk! That is why many past ford owners I know now drive toyotas and such.
I used to own a E150 econoline van with a factory 4 on the floor, Great van, parts were easy to find and many years of the vehicle were the same.Ran great many years and when the motor did go I went and bought a fully remanufactured ford engine and threw her in. Ran great for a few more years before the body finally rotted to the point of no return. Took the remanufactured engine back out and sold it to a friend and scrapped the old van. To bad ford wouldn`t make their vehicles to be rebuilt over and over by their owners. At least one line of 4x4 trucks such as the f150 or 250 series. They could make updated and upgraded parts to fit those same trucks so the truck would always be current then.
Oh well It`s only me I guess that likes to hold on to his money and take pride in fixing what I can in hopes of saving what little money I have after the tax man sucks me dry.
Old 12-20-2015, 07:22 PM
bgg

update 6 hours complete and one hell of a skinned hand!

Quick Reply: Blend doors for f150 heaters