General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein 4600s

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2017, 08:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Bilstein 4600s

Lurked for a few months, finally bought my new Lariat 3.5EB, coming out of a loaded X5 50i and generally couldn't be happier. Great to see all you guys on the forum. Have a bit of "unsettlement" as it were over price paid given all of the prices that people claim to have paid but it's ok, love the truck! No need to look in other peoples' pockets.

Anyways, main point of the post... I read all the posts about an improved ride with the Bilsteins, so I went for it and had the local dealer install (apparently high1 hr labor, but whatever...).

There is a section of road next to my house that was a nightmare with the OEM shocks, that is now bearable. Worth a couple of hundred $.. I definitely think so. 4600s bought from Tirerack, delivered fast, and easy dealing with my SA. Other independent folks like Firestone weren't interested in installing shocks they didn't sell)

Also did the fog light change referenced in the <$50 mod thread.. awesome... but wish I had smaller fingers!

My first p/u truck, and I love it! Lot's of room, quick, and practical!

Looking at getting some kind of front park assist since I didn't go with the 360 camera (my bad for not reading thoroughly.. why would you not include front park assist with the other stuff!!!)
Old 08-09-2017, 09:06 PM
Senile member

Received 1,048 Likes on 732 Posts

Since you have a Lariat, you may be able to add the 360 cam stuff yourself. Check out the 2015+ thread. Lariat wiring harness has the main harness for what you want to do.....
The following users liked this post:
CTLimey150 (08-09-2017)
Old 08-10-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 531 Likes on 407 Posts

Got used to that discolored console yet?