Biggest tires with factory suspension and low noise - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back  Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Ford F150 Forums > General F150 Discussion
Biggest tires with factory suspension and low noise >

Biggest tires with factory suspension and low noise

Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Biggest tires with factory suspension and low noise

Old 09-16-2018, 10:42 AM
  #1  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Biggest tires with factory suspension and low noise

This has been asked before but not with the exact combination so bear with me. :

factory suspension no lift or level
want to improve the stance of the truck (wider and potentially a little taller )
want to keep the low noise that I have already with the factory hankooks 275 / 55 / r20

had a chat with my local tire shop but their view was that anything bigger is going to come with a noisy tread and huge price tag.

Anyone got any recommendations and if possible pictures ?
James Johnston is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 06:05 PM
  #2  
Senior Member
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Clinton TN
Posts: 743
Thanked 135 Times in 121 Posts
Default

I ran 305/50 20's on my 13 2 wheel drive on stock wheels.
Siber Express is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 06:43 PM
  #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 200
Thanked 45 Times in 28 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by James Johnston View Post
This has been asked before but not with the exact combination so bear with me. :

factory suspension no lift or level
want to improve the stance of the truck (wider and potentially a little taller )
want to keep the low noise that I have already with the factory hankooks 275 / 55 / r20

had a chat with my local tire shop but their view was that anything bigger is going to come with a noisy tread and huge price tag.

Anyone got any recommendations and if possible pictures ?
Model year/configuration? 2WD/4WD?
Kingofpasadena is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 07:59 PM
  #4  
Junior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Yea - should have added its a 2016 screw 4x2
James Johnston is offline  
Old 09-16-2018, 09:51 PM
  #5  
Senior Member
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Clinton TN
Posts: 743
Thanked 135 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Here is mine with the 305/50 20 Coopers on my 13, Don't know how well they go on the stock front on the 15+.


Siber Express is offline  
Old 09-17-2018, 03:28 PM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 873
Thanked 105 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Width and Height becomes a problem quickly. You pretty much have to pick one or the other. 295/70R18 required spacers and a level on one truck I know but they were aggressive which exasperated the issue (large lugs).

285/70R18 (just shy of 34") is the biggest I've seen on a Stock 2WD.
275/65R20 (just over 34") is the biggest I've seen on a stock 4WD.

If you want to improve the stance use wheel spacers.

If your going to go any wider without an aspect ratio increase you are going to exceed TRA recommendations for tire width on the OEM Rims.

Cooper makes some nice quiet mild All-Terrains in the various models of the AT3 line.

Last edited by Gene K; 09-17-2018 at 03:32 PM.
Gene K is offline  
Old 09-17-2018, 04:23 PM
  #7  
Member
 
DarkRanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 42
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Default

This is something I have been thinking about for my truck when the stock tires wear out. 305/50 R20's seem like they should fit and give a little more than an inch more width. They should be just a hair (.04921 inches) taller than stock.
DarkRanger is online now  
Old 09-17-2018, 07:14 PM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 873
Thanked 105 Times in 92 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by DarkRanger View Post
This is something I have been thinking about for my truck when the stock tires wear out. 305/50 R20's seem like they should fit and give a little more than an inch more width. They should be just a hair (.04921 inches) taller than stock.
They will likely clear especially on the narrow 7.5" Wheels.
You will have to find a small independent tire dealer most likely to mount them as most majors will not go outside TRA Recommendations which are 8.5" Minimum.
Gene K is offline  
Old 09-17-2018, 10:03 PM
  #9  
Senior Member
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Clinton TN
Posts: 743
Thanked 135 Times in 121 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Gene K View Post
They will likely clear especially on the narrow 7.5" Wheels.
You will have to find a small independent tire dealer most likely to mount them as most majors will not go outside TRA Recommendations which are 8.5" Minimum.
The Stock 20 inch FX wheel is 8.5 at least on the 13-14 Model Year.
Siber Express is offline  
Old 09-17-2018, 10:58 PM
  #10  
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: WI
Posts: 95
Thanked 11 Times in 10 Posts
Default

I am running 295/55/20 Toyo AT2 on my stock suspension with no rubbing.
S.TrooperJD is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Biggest tires with factory suspension and low noise


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: