Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Big regret

Old 12-08-2015, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Big regret

I recently bought a new Ford F-150 and have had nothing but problems! I have had it "fixed" four times in two weeks. Ford will NOT stand behind it. I have been told it was repaired four times now only to it malfunction again. What happened was several warning lights come and stay on, the hands free phone becomes disabled as well as 911 assist, the blinker doesn't work and you can't clear the warnings.
After the third time I requested a different truck and was denied the request. All three times I was told it was something else. I have no faith in Ford.
I understand now that this and many other electrical problems are widespread with this years Fords. I have had a Ford F-150 before but this will be my last and I wouldn't have this one but they refuse to make it right and the dealer claims it does fall in the Lemon Law category.

Buyer Beware has never rang so true to me!!
Old 12-08-2015, 10:13 AM

Received 135 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by WDE F150 Dude
I recently bought a new Ford F-150 and have had nothing but problems! I have had it "fixed" four times in two weeks. Ford will NOT stand behind it. I have been told it was repaired four times now only to it malfunction again. What happened was several warning lights come and stay on, the hands free phone becomes disabled as well as 911 assist, the blinker doesn't work and you can't clear the warnings.
After the third time I requested a different truck and was denied the request. All three times I was told it was something else. I have no faith in Ford.
I understand now that this and many other electrical problems are widespread with this years Fords. I have had a Ford F-150 before but this will be my last and I wouldn't have this one but they refuse to make it right and the dealer claims it does fall in the Lemon Law category.

Buyer Beware has never rang so true to me!!
Sorry to hear you have had so many issues. If I were you I'd talk to an attorney to make sure you aren't being screwed. I feel like if its had that many issues over and over you'd be ok under the lemon law. Of course the law deals with the same issue over and over again. Is this a big dealership or small one? I've never had issues and I've had three Fords. I love them and until I have major issues I will continue to buy them. Just remember, there are bad trucks in every brand. My brother in law has a 2012 Toyota Tundra and after 19,000 miles on it the transmission was shot. I couldn't believe it when he told me. Any truck can have an issue. All i'm saying is I wouldn't write off Ford yet, but I would write off that dealership.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:13 AM
Some guy

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,279 Posts

What exactly are you here for? For us to help you fix a particular problem? I can't tell if you have a question or...
Old 12-08-2015, 10:19 AM

I am here to vent, right now. I want to know if this is a widespread issue and are other owners experiencing other electrical issues
Old 12-08-2015, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by WDE F150 Dude
I am here to vent, right now. I want to know if this is a widespread issue and are other owners experiencing other electrical issues
2015 or 2016? Either way I haven't heard much going on, but there could be. I would hope this is an isolated incident and not a major problem.
Old 12-08-2015, 10:23 AM
Beer, Boats, and Trucks.

Received 603 Likes on 457 Posts

When you say new F150, do you mean '15/'16 or new to you?

Everybody I know outside the forum with a '15 has had no issues at all minus one that the seat massager didn't work (immediately replaced, less then a day at the dealer, no questions asked). Ask them if they regret it? Not a chance, they love their trucks to death.
The following users liked this post:
canddmeyer (12-08-2015)
Old 12-08-2015, 10:35 AM

Received 103 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by berty
When you say new F150, do you mean '15/'16 or new to you?

Everybody I know outside the forum with a '15 has had no issues at all minus one that the seat massager didn't work (immediately replaced, less then a day at the dealer, no questions asked). Ask them if they regret it? Not a chance, they love their trucks to death.
+1 here. I would almost bet it is a 09-14 that is "new to the current owner" who moved up from something that was closer to 15 years old. The problems the OP described would almost certainly be covered by Ford on a current gen. F150.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:07 AM

It is 2015. I've had plenty of Fords before.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:53 AM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

I would contact Ford customer support on this site via private message. They can get something going on higher up in the ranks at Ford.
Old 12-08-2015, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by chickenwire
I would contact Ford customer support on this site via private message. They can get something going on higher up in the ranks at Ford.
Agree with chickenwire,, need to push it further. This wouldn't be the end of it for me by a long shot.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Big regret