General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"Big Horn"

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2012, 11:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default "Big Horn"

At least there's dignity in King Ranch, "Big Horn" is like the 17 year old kid with zits cracking jokes about his ***** with his Mopar hat, overalls, and old Oakley's.

I've always drifted towards Ford, test drove some Rams, no, didn't feel right, Chevy, same thing (is this the same instrument cluster from 1992?), Ford, yeah, that works.

Old 05-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Holla City Squalla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Was there a point?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:30 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Early Chevs have better interior than ford did, Ford's only really stepped up since 09 my buddy got a 08 FX4 luxury and it looks cheap I way rather my 04 chevy, than the new F 150 came out and blitz almost everything, but the dodge has more "apps"
Old 05-06-2012, 03:31 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by adam74
Early Chevs have better interior than ford did, Ford's only really stepped up since 09 my buddy got a 08 FX4 luxury and it looks cheap I way rather my 04 chevy, than the new F 150 came out and blitz almost everything, but the dodge has more "apps"
The FX4 was not a luxury trim in the 04-08 generation. The luxury trims were Lariat, King Ranch, and Harley. In the 09+, FX4s can now come with a luxury package.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Punity
Was there a point?
Sorta, I just didn't really expand on it.

"King Ranch", IMO, is a great fusion of concept and product; ranch, pick up, king. One easily visualizes, well, a ranch, running horses, huge swaths of property, mud, truck, and the Ranch forehand going out in the best truck to check everything out as the hurricane comes in.

Absolutely brilliant IMO, but "Big Horn"? The army of marketing folks over at Dodge couldn't come up with anything better? What does one think of when they see "Big Horn"? A Ram with BIG HORNS, one of those stupid bicycle horns, except the black rubber part is as big as a basketball? Or, of course, the teenager with zits pointing at his crotch? Heck, should have just called it the "Cowboy" edition with a rope and lasso logo. Or, the "Big Sky Mountain" edition, heck I just came up with two right there infinitely better. But "Big Horn"????

Truthfully, I remember looking at some Rams, honestly, I couldn't obviously tell what the difference was. King Ranch is clearly obvious even if you don't know the product line, you know King Ranch is probably towards the upper part of the spectrum.

/tirade off
Old 05-06-2012, 07:30 PM
Holla City Squalla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Aahh gotcha
Old 05-07-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Truck.
Sorta, I just didn't really expand on it.

"King Ranch", IMO, is a great fusion of concept and product; ranch, pick up, king. One easily visualizes, well, a ranch, running horses, huge swaths of property, mud, truck, and the Ranch forehand going out in the best truck to check everything out as the hurricane comes in.

Absolutely brilliant IMO, but "Big Horn"? The army of marketing folks over at Dodge couldn't come up with anything better? What does one think of when they see "Big Horn"? A Ram with BIG HORNS, one of those stupid bicycle horns, except the black rubber part is as big as a basketball? Or, of course, the teenager with zits pointing at his crotch? Heck, should have just called it the "Cowboy" edition with a rope and lasso logo. Or, the "Big Sky Mountain" edition, heck I just came up with two right there infinitely better. But "Big Horn"????

Truthfully, I remember looking at some Rams, honestly, I couldn't obviously tell what the difference was. King Ranch is clearly obvious even if you don't know the product line, you know King Ranch is probably towards the upper part of the spectrum.

/tirade off
Now see, that wasn't that hard to explain, now was it? It makes sense, but I'm still confused somewhat...
Old 05-07-2012, 01:47 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

You do realize the Big Horn/Lonestar Edition is not a competitor to the King Ranch. The Big Horn is equivalent to the XTR in Canada and the Texas Edition in the U.S. Ram's competitor to the King Ranch is the Laramie Longhorn.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by cegan1825
You do realize the Big Horn/Lonestar Edition is not a competitor to the King Ranch. The Big Horn is equivalent to the XTR in Canada and the Texas Edition in the U.S. Ram's competitor to the King Ranch is the Laramie Longhorn.
The Laramie Longhorn IMO rivals the King Ranch. An probably beats it. Saddle leathers great. I know. But Dodge stepped it up with the stitching the other interior details that go along with it. I'm a Chevy guy. But yes. Then interior is lacking compared to Dodge and Ford. Best bang for your buck. Ford hands down. Chevy's are overpriced. I see brand new Chevy trucks EVERYDAY and I'm becoming less impressed. But Ford has hit a slump to me. They paved the way for truck technology. But Dodge is expanding on it. By far
Old 05-07-2012, 11:15 PM

Holy crap! I had no idea Dodge had a KR competitor product! I don't think I've ever even seen one; although I see at LEAST 2-3 KR's a day up north of Atlanta.

Ran a search on autotrader.com, and only ONE came up within "any distance"!!! What gives, they appear to be even less costly than the Ford KR (at least, 2012)? Just bizarre, and I thought I've seen pretty much close to it all. I can't believe I was unaware of this, and can't believe autotrader didn't have any more, wow.

Quick Reply: "Big Horn"