Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best Rolling/Folding Bed Cover?

Old 06-13-2018, 03:25 PM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Best Rolling/Folding Bed Cover?

Didn't see a thread for a general discussion on bed covers. I've got a 2018 F150 and I'm wanting to get a bed cover on it. I don't like the hard tonneau that a big one piece. I'm looking for a nice folding or rolling cover that's pretty slim-line. There's tons of brands out there with really good reviews, but not sure which ones to look into. Can you guys give me any insight?
Old 06-13-2018, 04:07 PM

Received 150 Likes on 51 Posts

My last three trucks had the Roll n Lock retractable cover. They are great covers, lockable and secure. Two thing that may be an issue for you are you loose a portion of the front of your box to the roll mechanism, and there is a piece that screws to your tailgate. I had my local autobody shop spray rustproofing on the area to avoid issues. For my new truck I am going with the Ford roll up by Rev. It solid and should be fairly secure but nothing screwed the tailgate and you have use of the full box. After looking at it I think it is made by Bak as it looks the same as their Revolver covers but does not have the lip at the back that extends partially over the tailgate. Some who installed the Revolver have found that this lip interferes with the remote opening of the tailgate while others have not. I figured I would avoid the lip as I have the kind of luck that would ensure the cover would interfere with the automatic opening.

I'm having the cover installed on Friday so I can let you know how it works out for me.
The following users liked this post:
wizwor (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 05:17 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I've got the truxedo lo pro and love it, if money was no object I'd go with the truxedo titanium roll up.. basically just a more secure version but looks very similar. there are dealers on here that can get you a good deal off retail.
Probity (06-14-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 05:27 PM

Received 289 Likes on 114 Posts

I had an Access Lorado on my last truck and I thought it worked really well. The overall height was about an inch above the bed and I liked that it stayed completely flat and was very tight when driving on the highway. Prior to owning that cover I've only had cheap eBay/Amazon covers and had nothing but issues.

I still have yet to buy one for my 2018. I've heard good things about the Truxedo Lo Pro as well, and that might be the one I go with over the Access just to save a few bucks and it seems to have good reviews. Looking forward to seeing what others have to say here.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:32 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

I went with the BAK roll-x, they call it Revolver now I think, it's a hard rolling tonneau with a very low profile and does not block the rear view like the hard folding type, it's fairly secure and nearly water proof, dribbles a little at the tailgate and bulkhead in a hard rain storm, not enough to get items wet that are stored away from the ends. Looks like a soft cover but it's not and you can't open it with the tailgate closed.

wizwor (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 06:00 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the Encore Tonno by Extang on my truck. https://www.extang.com/p-36319-encore.html
I've had it two winters now ad love it! The big selling point for me was that it's keyed to my ignition key, so fewer key on the key ring. And it's easy to remove, even for an old fart like me!
The following 2 users liked this post by MrWizzard550:
hunterstraw (06-13-2018), wizwor (06-13-2018)
Old 06-13-2018, 06:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

I had my local Line-X dealer install TruckCovers USA's "American Roll Cover" about 4 years ago and I love it. You can find more info at: http://www.truckcoversusa.com/american-roll-cover/.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:11 PM

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by MrWizzard550
I have the Encore Tonno by Extang on my truck. https://www.extang.com/p-36319-encore.html
I've had it two winters now ad love it! The big selling point for me was that it's keyed to my ignition key, so fewer key on the key ring. And it's easy to remove, even for an old fart like me!
I watched their video on their website, and I really like that one. It didn't say whether you can or can't, but can you stand on top of it? A buddy of mine had a bed cover and we went to the track to watch races on time and he put his folding chair on top and sat on top and watched from up there. Do you think you could do that with the one you have?
Old 06-14-2018, 09:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hunterstraw
Didn't see a thread for a general discussion on bed covers. I've got a 2018 F150 and I'm wanting to get a bed cover on it. I don't like the hard tonneau that a big one piece. I'm looking for a nice folding or rolling cover that's pretty slim-line. There's tons of brands out there with really good reviews, but not sure which ones to look into. Can you guys give me any insight?
Leer Trilogy X2T Tonneaux,

Only disadvantage is that in the vertical mode you have to use the side mirrors to see,
other than that, it solves every possible situation, at least for me. Check it out.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

BakFlip G2, best trifold I've seen.

Compared to my friends other covers its a league above. And I can personally attest to the waterproof-ness of it, had mine sitting in the driveway during Hurricane Harvey down in Houston and not a drop of water got in the bed of my truck.

300 lb load limit so you know it's not some flimsy thing that's going to fall apart on you, and its flush mount so it doesn't look like you had a kitchen table tied to the top of your bed. Had mine on for over a year and 30k miles and not a thing I'd change. Damn near perfect IMO
hunterstraw (06-14-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best Rolling/Folding Bed Cover?