Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bed Rug's "Bed Tred" in a lightly used bed?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2018, 09:45 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Bed Rug's "Bed Tred" in a lightly used bed?

My truck is 3 years old, the bed has some light scratches in it from regular use (I tried to be somewhat careful). I am considering the Bed Tred bed liner as an alternative to having a spray in done. My question is, anyone install one of these or a bedbug over a lightly used bed? Imagine it would be a good idea to hit the scratches with some paint before install? Any thoughts or advice would be appreciated, thank you
Old 02-09-2018, 09:54 AM
Senior Citizen Member

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,548 Posts

I have a '13 and pulled out my factory drop in liner at 65k. The bed was covered in light scratches from the plastic liner moving around, like they do! I just cleaned it up and installed a full Bed Rug. Love it! None of the scratches were very deep, mostly light abrasions and there was no rust.
Old 02-09-2018, 12:13 PM

Thanks Mike thats what Im thinking, clean it uo and hit some spots and put the liner in.
Old 02-09-2018, 03:49 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

My bed was slightly used but still fairly new paint condition wise, the bedtred mounts using sticky Velcro strips in certain locations, just use the prep pads that come with it to make the spots clean. Super easy install.

Old 02-09-2018, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
My bed was slightly used but still fairly new paint condition wise, the bedtred mounts using sticky Velcro strips in certain locations, just use the prep pads that come with it to make the spots clean. Super easy install.

Thanks RNL, your pic was one that got me real interested in this option. My paint is in good shape too, was just curious about the prep, or what others have experienced. Hows it holding up?
Old 02-09-2018, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by darrenfx4
Thanks RNL, your pic was one that got me real interested in this option. My paint is in good shape too, was just curious about the prep, or what others have experienced. Hows it holding up?
Still good as new. Of course I do have a tonneau cover so that probably helps. The hardest part of install was putting the load cleats back on as you have to puncture the liner and push them hard against the bedtred to get the bolts started. Once the bolts start a couple threads just run them down.
Old 02-09-2018, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
Still good as new. Of course I do have a tonneau cover so that probably helps. The hardest part of install was putting the load cleats back on as you have to puncture the liner and push them hard against the bedtred to get the bolts started. Once the bolts start a couple threads just run them down.
Def understand, I plan on ordering a cover as well. Thanks again for the feedback
Old 02-09-2018, 04:33 PM

Welcome.
Old 03-20-2018, 08:42 PM

Received 109 Likes on 98 Posts

I have a plastic liner and a Bed Rug. I would get another Bed Rug because its easy on the knees looks good and easier to move things around.
Old 01-01-2019, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you still have the tonneau cover? Would you be willing to ship it?

Quick Reply: Bed Rug's "Bed Tred" in a lightly used bed?