General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avoid Haldeman Ford in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 09:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Avoid Haldeman Ford in NJ

Tried to get truck in for 3 days but was told no loaners and they would get back to me as far as finding one. Called again and they stated to bring it in saturday. Truck gets brought in, told about 7 issues, I went to pick it up and the oil dipstick was busted, they also stated they "fixed" the clicking in the steering wheel but I told them it was not fixed and to remove the parts they put in and put the old ones back. They could not locate the old parts nor would they replace them. I was then also told my warranty expired the day before on Friday. They knew that my warranty was expiring on friday yet scheduled me for saturday. I argued with them and called ForD CS who stated that yes your warranty expired at 12:00 and there was nothing they were going to do. I produced all phone records when I tried to get it in but they did not want to hear anything. Sorry Ford after 4 F150s I will be going over to another brand next year. Great way to keep a long term customer.
Old 03-19-2015, 10:24 AM
Parts Guy

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Just a question.
How many times do you service your truck there, or at any Ford dealer? Not taking about just oil changes.
Old 03-19-2015, 12:33 PM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

You'll find the other brands have bad dealers too.

I've owned other brands it's not just Ford.
The following users liked this post:
kltk1 (03-19-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by beetlevegas
Just a question.
How many times do you service your truck there, or at any Ford dealer? Not taking about just oil changes.
Quite a few times. All vehicles have been brought there over many years. Also worked in sales for their Nissan branch years ago.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:46 AM

Originally Posted by tanked_darren
You'll find the other brands have bad dealers too.

I've owned other brands it's not just Ford.
Yes but I have never had such experiences with other warranty problems. Wife's car was 30 days out at VW but they allowed to cover it as she always serviced it there.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:02 AM
WindowGuy

Received 153 Likes on 135 Posts

I have a couple questions.. Why did you wait until 3-4 days before warranty expired to schedule repairs. Why did not getting a loaner keep you from scheduling when you knew you were that close. I didn't know a loaner was a mandatory sevice.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:05 AM
On more meds than ymeski

Received 651 Likes on 379 Posts

Loaners are only covered if you buy the extended warranty. Otherwise it is up to the dealership IIRC
BCMIF150 (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 08:08 AM

Received 325 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by jkenprice1
I have a couple questions.. Why did you wait until 3-4 days before warranty expired to schedule repairs. Why did not getting a loaner keep you from scheduling when you knew you were that close. I didn't know a loaner was a mandatory sevice.
None of that matters. OP got a bum deal and Ford is acting like D'bags for the way they treated him. This is pretty simple stuff.

OP, I suggest not giving up. At this point, I would ask to speak to the owner and/or general manager of the dealership. Stay calm and be polite, but assertive. I would also use the survey you will get to provide honest feedback.

Good Luck!
Old 03-20-2015, 10:36 AM
Parts Guy

Originally Posted by jwanck11
None of that matters. OP got a bum deal and Ford is acting like D'bags for the way they treated him. This is pretty simple stuff.

OP, I suggest not giving up. At this point, I would ask to speak to the owner and/or general manager of the dealership. Stay calm and be polite, but assertive. I would also use the survey you will get to provide honest feedback.

Good Luck!
Well he should have gotten in before hand. You wait to the end to bring in your car. Not there fault that they may have a lot of work at the time. Its on him for waiting for the last minute. We see this a lot at my dealer. People wait to the last couple days or go over and want you to fix the car for free. If there was a problem you should bring it in when it happened. The post never said how long the problem has been happening. At my dealer, being the cars that we sale and all, we will go over and do it all the time for people. But with that, it all depends on how the person is when they come in. For all you know this guy could have be yelling and all pissed when he went in. I don't know. do you. Maybe Ford is being jerks. maybe there is more to this. But at the end of the day he went over. And the loaner thing..........well ya. About 70% of dealers don't even have loaners any more. Some will make you pay for them. The Toyota dealer I use to work stopped and made people rent cars from them. No more free loaners. And most that do only give it out for major things. Luxury dealers like the one I work at, will give it out but even still my dealer is not that easy on giving them out anymore.
RLXXI (03-20-2015)
Old 03-20-2015, 10:42 AM
Parts Guy

Originally Posted by sml175
Quite a few times. All vehicles have been brought there over many years. Also worked in sales for their Nissan branch years ago.
I asked because this can play in to the whole going over thing. If you always bring the car in and go over (my dealer) is more likely to help you if you bring it in, compared to if you never bring it in. They look at it as long term customer thing.
So was the parts replaced, was that Warranty or did you pay for them? the ones you wanted back. Because if it was warranty they have to keep them for 30days if it was customer pay then that go's in the trash.

Quick Reply: Avoid Haldeman Ford in NJ