Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autospring 2.5"/1" kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2014, 07:18 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Autospring 2.5"/1" kit

Hey All -

When I bought my '12 SCrew in November 2012 I went right out and bought a level kit for it after recommendations from others on this forum. Here we are almost 2 years later and I still have the kit sitting here in the box. I am trying to make sure of what product I have. I went through all my old emails and all I have is the order confirmation from AutoSpring, but no details of what I paid for.

The piece of paper in the box says "Auto Spring Kits" and lists the instructions for installing "2" Lift Kit or 2 1/2" lift Kit". So even that doesn't really help my stupidity.

On the box that holds only the spacers, a tag reads "Ford F150 2-1/2" Leveling Kit"

What is in the box is 2 3" rear blocks and U bolts, and then the 2 front spacers in a smaller box. Am I correct in assuming since I have the rear blocks, this must be a 2.5" front, 1" rear kit?

Lastly, my truck currently has 3" of rake (22" front fender well to wheel hub in front, 25" in back) from front to back and my goal with this kit was to get rid of as much rake as possible. Would I be better off leaving the rear blocks alone (since I have 3" of factory rake), or would I be nose high without the new blocks out back? I am having this stuff installed this coming Wednesday so I want to make sure I tell the shop to do the right thing.

Thanks guys!

Last edited by nickstl77; 06-08-2014 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-08-2014, 10:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as far as the front goes, instructions work for both 2" and 2.5''. I would assume your leaf spring sag has already set in so it should leave you with 1/2" of rake. I just put a front 2" level kit in my scab. (front started off 2.5" lower than rear) It still has the .5" of rake but looks nose high. Measure the front spacers and if they are 2" it will come out to 2.5" inches of lift. Somebody else can chime in about the rear blocks as I havn't bothered with those yet
Old 06-09-2014, 12:48 AM
Parts Guy

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mxz2k2
as far as the front goes, instructions work for both 2" and 2.5''. I would assume your leaf spring sag has already set in so it should leave you with 1/2" of rake. I just put a front 2" level kit in my scab. (front started off 2.5" lower than rear) It still has the .5" of rake but looks nose high. Measure the front spacers and if they are 2" it will come out to 2.5" inches of lift. Somebody else can chime in about the rear blocks as I havn't bothered with those yet
I had a 3'' in the front on my 04 4x4. To me it lookede level. I just got a o5 4x2 and I was looking to do a 2.5 and a 1" in the rear. I just want to make sure that I have this right. So you are saying that this setup will give me a .5 noise high and not a level?
Old 06-09-2014, 01:45 AM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mxz2k2

The box my spacers are in says "1 5/8" spacers (2.5" of lift).
Old 06-09-2014, 04:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the 2" level still leaves the back a 1/2" high for me, but it really looks like it is nose high

Last edited by mxz2k2; 06-09-2014 at 04:10 AM.

Quick Reply: Autospring 2.5"/1" kit