General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Auto windows

I recently had the weather tech in the channel window vents. the problem is that when I roll my windows up they will reverse when they get to the top. they do not do it all the time and I have done what weather says to do and it still does it. nay help would be appreciated.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:27 AM

Received 147 Likes on 125 Posts

it's working like a garage door opener... too much tension and they reverse. take them out of there... I bought my wife's truck and the PO did the same thing; however, they weren't reversing back... they were hanging up when trying to roll the window down which ultimately lead to me needing to replace the window motors
The following users liked this post:
santee69 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 09:29 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Thats the way they are on my 2012 I bought used.

What I do...

With windows all the way down, hit the auto up button , then hit the stop button right before it hits the top. This defeats the Child Safety feature...
Then bump it up to completely up.

A buddy at local dealer taught me how to get around the safety feature.

Installation inside the trac makes a very clean and neat look.
You just have to use it a little differently.

OR...

Have vents installed outside the window tract.
santee69 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 10:26 AM

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

I read somewhere on here, there is a way to have the windows "relearn" the stops when you put these things in your window track. Do a search. It involves two people, because I seem to recall that the battery has to be disconnected while the window is moving up, or some such nonsense, and I think the safety stop is deactivated during the learning process as well, so you have to be careful not to get your hand/arm caught in the window.

It would drive me up a wall to have to police my windows like that.

Tim

Last edited by Tim13; 04-18-2014 at 10:28 AM.
santee69 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 12:05 PM

Received 87 Likes on 80 Posts

Manual windows FTW! The life of having an STX... Although it does suck to have manual locks when the passenger never locks the truck.....
Old 04-18-2014, 04:01 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim13
I read somewhere on here, there is a way to have the windows "relearn" the stops when you put these things in your window track. Do a search. It involves two people, because I seem to recall that the battery has to be disconnected while the window is moving up, or some such nonsense, and I think the safety stop is deactivated during the learning process as well, so you have to be careful not to get your hand/arm caught in the window.

It would drive me up a wall to have to police my windows like that.

Tim
Yep, I posted how to a while back but will again here.

Old 04-18-2014, 04:04 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

De-Initialization Procedure
NOTE: The front window motor must be de-initialized (reset to its original factory settings) before carrying out the initialization procedure.
  1. Turn the ignition ON.
  1. Operate the window control switch in one-touch mode and remove power from the window motor while the window is moving by one of the following methods:
    1. Disconnect the vehicle battery cable while the window is moving .
    1. Remove the LH or RH front window motor fuse while the window is moving .
  1. This de-initializes the window motor and reset the window motor to its original factory settings.
  1. Carry out the initialization procedure to turn the one-touch-up feature on.

Window Motor Initialization
WARNING: Keep objects and body parts clear of the glass panel when carrying out the initialization procedure. During the initialization procedure, the glass panel closes with high force and cannot detect objects in its path. Failure to follow this instruction may result in serious personal injury.

NOTE: The front window must be in the full OPEN position for this procedure to operate correctly.

NOTE: If the initialization procedure is only partially completed, the front window motor remains de-initialized and operates only in proportional up/down and one-touch-down modes.
  1. Turn the ignition ON.
  1. Activate and hold the window control switch in the UP position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds into the glass top run and release the switch.
  1. Activate and hold the window control switch in the DOWN position at the second detent until the window glass stalls for 2 seconds at the bottom of its travel and release the switch.
  1. Test for correct window operation by carrying out the one-touch-up and one-touch-down features.
santee69 (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks everyone for the info

Quick Reply: Auto windows