Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone use rear wheelwell sheilds? Mud flaps?

Old 12-23-2011, 12:24 PM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Anyone use rear wheelwell sheilds? Mud flaps?

I was looking at the back of the truck and started thinking of all the stuff that will be sandblasted in wintertime with gravel and salt. On the 93 F150 I had, it had plastic wheelwellprotectors to deflect flying crap versus trashing everything. Is there a reason Ford quit putting these in except for cost? Is there an aftermarket version for a 2011 or another solution?

To keep the crap from hitting the back of the truck, the wife bought me a set of the no drill mud flaps. Will they work with the plastic trim on a Lariat package? I was worried it might break the plastic trim if it couldn't get to the metal of the fender. Is there a better flap as I don't care if I drill or not, just want ggod protection for the truck and try to keep it from throwing as much as possible at the trailer.

Thank you for your time.
Old 12-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 673 Likes on 578 Posts

gun, If by saying wheelwell sheilds your speaking of wheel well liners then yep I did buy a set of the rugged liners. They should keep the mud, snow, and that crap the city puts on the road to melt the ice away better than nothing. Plus they do clean the area up nicely. I only have mud flaps on the front to keep junk out of the step bars.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Anyone use rear wheelwell sheilds? Mud flaps?