Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another Power Window Post

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 04:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Another Power Window Post

2006 F-150 Lariat Super Cab 5.4L Triton

Passenger Side Power Window isn't working. It's been working intermittently the last couple weeks, it seemed to work more often in the mornings when it was really cold. But now it's stuck down for good. In Idaho, in November... The rest of the windows are working fine, no other electronic issues.

I narrowed it down to 5 things, feel free to speak up if I'm missing one! Regulator, motor, fuse, switch or harness.

Pretty sure it's not the regulator, as I can't hear the motor even trying to work. Pretty sure it's not the switch (I pulled the switch apart and cleaned the terminals via youtube) because it's not working from the driver's side either. In my manual it says there is only 1 fuse that messes with the power windows. It's the location #401 30A circuit breaker, I think that's fine as well, as the rest of the power windows are working fine.

I ordered a new motor, unplugged the old motor, plugged the new one in (without attaching it to the regulator) and pushed "up" on the switch, can't hear the new motor working either.

So now I'm thinking I have a wiring issue, what a nightmare. The stealership in Meridian, Idaho wants $405 to fix my window, despite me having completed most of the labor already. Any other ideas guys? Thanks in advance for any replies.
Old 11-13-2015, 04:36 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Common problem would be the wiring inside the loom between the door and the body, wires flexing over time will break inside the insulation, access that wire bundle by slicing thru the outer covering carefully so as to not cut any wires inside, now begin pulling each wire at different points and when you find one that stretches there's the break. Repair as needed.
The following users liked this post:
Matt Thatcher (11-13-2015)
Old 11-13-2015, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok. I'll try that right now. Thanks!!

Quick Reply: Another Power Window Post