Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alleviate my stress/OCD

Old 05-23-2019, 02:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Alleviate my stress/OCD

Got my first truck in February and generally am very happy with it. Itís all I could ever want in a vehicle.

Got it used off a lease with 34K miles on it. Since having it, Iíve had to have the downshift TSB applied but other than that, no issues.

However, sometimes I hear weird sounds that are sometimes hard to differentiate from bumps in the road affecting the empty bed. Or sometimes itís just a hesitation from the transmission coming from a stop. More often than not, itís just a one off sound that I hear and then spend my time worrying if itíll happen again. Or a thump when shifting from park to drive or drive to reverse. Usually I have the music up so I donít even really hear them but now Iíve been keeping it low to make sure everything is running accordingly.

Sometimes it it feels like it doesnít start up the same way. Iíve been paying more attention to it and when keying up the ignition, itís not consistent. Sometimes it feels full of power, and sometimes it takes a couple extra seconds almost like a hesitation. Just really small OCD triggering things that I end up thinking itíll be the death of my truck.

Im coming from a smaller SUV which drove like a car. Iím not used to my truck ďdriving like a truck.Ē

Iím having billsteinís put on next week so Iím sure the truck will feel a lot better than it currently does.

Am I losing my damn mind? Any advice helps even if itís to tell me to relax.

___

Note: My old SUV had to have the engine replaced because I ignored a seemingly normal sound that one day ended up giving up and became a real issue. Iíve been since conditioned to try to catch problems before they turn into bigger (and more expensive) problems.

Last edited by rawltidepawl; 05-23-2019 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:02 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 1,299 Likes on 880 Posts

OCD

Relax and enjoy your truck. They usually speak up when there's a (real) problem.

"Sometimes it feels full of power, and sometimes it takes a couple extra seconds almost like a hesitation"

Turbo?
Old 05-23-2019, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by idrive View Post
OCD

Relax and enjoy your truck. They usually speak up when there's a (real) problem.

"Sometimes it feels full of power, and sometimes it takes a couple extra seconds almost like a hesitation"

Turbo?
Its a 5.0 V8. But I was referring to when I turn the key and start up the truck.

But youíre right, I do need to relax.

Last edited by rawltidepawl; 05-23-2019 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:00 PM
Senile member

Received 565 Likes on 409 Posts

Turbo?
transmission lag. The factory turbos on the ecoboosts have no perceptible lag. It's the lackadaisical transmission tuning.
The following users liked this post:
idrive (05-23-2019)
Old 05-23-2019, 04:01 PM
Gone Golfin

Received 1,299 Likes on 880 Posts

It wouldn't be the 1st ignition switch that needs replaced. I'd just make sure the key is seated properly in the switch I've seen a lot folks stab the key and give it a quick turn before the key had been inserted properly. Adds to premature wear along with the ones that have about 20 keys on their key ring. That extra weight doesn't help either.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:14 PM

It wouldn't be the 1st ignition switch that needs replaced. I'd just make sure the key is seated properly in the switch I've seen a lot folks stab the key and give it a quick turn before the key had been inserted properly. Adds to premature wear along with the ones that have about 20 keys on their key ring. That extra weight doesn't help either.

Ill keep an eye on it. No other keys on mine besides a fob that weighs virtually nothing.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:21 PM

Received 3,072 Likes on 1,937 Posts

Originally Posted by rawltidepawl View Post
Ill keep an eye on it. No other keys on mine besides a fob that weighs virtually nothing.
If a heavy key ring caused issues, it would be from the prior owner that wore on the switch. But I'd relax as recommended.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by Ricktwuhk View Post
If a heavy key ring caused issues, it would be from the prior owner that wore on the switch. But I'd relax as recommended.
Okay cool. Yeah, like I said iím not used to the whole ďdriving like a truckĒ aspect yet.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alleviate my stress/OCD

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: