General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

All weather Covers

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 10:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default All weather Covers

I am based on Vancouver Island BC and will be leaving my 2018 F150 crew cab with leer cap outside over the winter for a few months. We don't get extreme weather some snow but no real prolonged low temperatures. I have found a couple of covers one from weather tech custom cover at 765 CDN and one from US company Empire - Rustoleum Cover at 207 USD plus postage
https://www.empirecovers.com/detail....&source=search

I have no room to put up a shelter like the canadian tire ones. Has anyone got a great cover they can recommend. or have any experience of these products. Both these covers can be strapped under the truck side to side to stop slap damage to the paintwork.

Thanks
Old 08-21-2018, 06:25 AM

Received 205 Likes on 152 Posts

In my experience you are better off just letting it sit outside. Any cover is going to trap moisture/condensation which will cause more problems than with nothing.
The following 2 users liked this post by seventyeight:
bassJAM (08-22-2018), Native penguin (08-22-2018)
Old 08-21-2018, 08:18 AM

Received 260 Likes on 190 Posts

Just give it a good waxing. I bought a cover for my car I had several years ago, in 2 months it was shredded by the wind
Old 08-22-2018, 12:02 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys. I think I follow that route and give it a decent quality coating. My main concern is Bird Crap which tends to burn into the paintwork if not cleaned off. Seagull crap is the worst but luckily we do not get many and we get a shed load of rain.
Old 08-22-2018, 12:33 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by seventyeight
In my experience you are better off just letting it sit outside. Any cover is going to trap moisture/condensation which will cause more problems than with nothing.
I've also seen, because of the wind it will flap around and cause damage to the clear coat/paint.
Originally Posted by David Young
Just give it a good waxing. I bought a cover for my car I had several years ago, in 2 months it was shredded by the wind
I'd recommend this as well, a good waxing.

Quick Reply: All weather Covers