General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Alarm goes off randomly!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Alarm goes off randomly!

I have a 2013 f150 3.7 4 door with 31000 miles on it and the alarm likes to go off randomly.. I got home around 430 today get inside few minutes later it's going off so I turn it off and then about 10 minutes later it goes off again.. It did this last Friday when I was at work parked in a parking garage went of twice for no reason the keys were not in my pocket so I didn't accidentally push the button.. And it's done it probably 8 other times since I've had the truck that I know of... Very aggravating and as I'm writing this it did it a 3rd time! I just went outside opened all the doors and closed them... Let see if it does it again.. Anyone ever have this problem? And if so what was causing it? My truck is still under warranty but it's a Royal pain in the *** to deal with fords service department and I'd rather not be without a vehicle while they sit around and wait for it to go off.
Old 09-21-2015, 11:31 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Lightbulb

Other RFI can/could set-off the alarm. Do you by any chance park near an airport or other facility with a transmission tower?

HINT/TIP: For same year experince consider posting in the
Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
section more helpful/appropriate than General F150 Discussion posts.
Old 09-22-2015, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by gDMJoe
Other RFI can/could set-off the alarm. Do you by any chance park near an airport or other facility with a transmission tower?

HINT/TIP: For same year experince consider posting in the
Late Model F150s > 2009 - 2014 Ford F150
section more helpful/appropriate than General F150 Discussion posts.
No I don't park near a airport or anything I thought the parking garage might of been that reason but since it happens at multiple places I ruled that out...but this morning as I was leaving the house the dash said rear door was open and it wasn't so that could be my problem I had to open and close it a few times to get it to go away

But if I don't get much luck here I'll try to post there.. I'm working off my I phone and I thought I was in the right place
Old 09-22-2015, 08:24 PM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by ldwzlaw
I have a 2013 f150 3.7 4 door with 31000 miles on it and the alarm likes to go off randomly.. I got home around 430 today get inside few minutes later it's going off so I turn it off and then about 10 minutes later it goes off again.. It did this last Friday when I was at work parked in a parking garage went of twice for no reason the keys were not in my pocket so I didn't accidentally push the button.. And it's done it probably 8 other times since I've had the truck that I know of... Very aggravating and as I'm writing this it did it a 3rd time! I just went outside opened all the doors and closed them... Let see if it does it again.. Anyone ever have this problem? And if so what was causing it? My truck is still under warranty but it's a Royal pain in the *** to deal with fords service department and I'd rather not be without a vehicle while they sit around and wait for it to go off.

If it's a factory alarm, the Ford dealer should be able to look at the Fault pids and tell what triggered the alarm.
Old 09-23-2015, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by fordmech604
If it's a factory alarm, the Ford dealer should be able to look at the Fault pids and tell what triggered the alarm.
Well I'll be sure to mention this when I do get a chance to bring it in
Old 11-02-2015, 09:15 AM

Well about 3 weeks ago I dropped the truck off at ford and the service was great I had 3 warranty issues. New trim piece and the radio steering wheel controls got ordered and fixed right away but alarm issue had them stumped until I talked to them on the phone and told them what @fordmech604 told me and they ended up replacing the rear drivers side door mechanism and haven't had any problems till today.. I got to work closed the doors and locked it and I got the double beep which means a door is open so I went around closing door by door until it did one honk.. 20 minutes later the alarm goes off so I turn it off and then lock it again then about 5 minutes later went off again so I open and closed the door that was the problem locked it and it's been good so far.. Taking it back to ford today just wondering if anyone has any more ideas on what I could recommend them looking at when I drop it off.. TIA
Old 11-02-2015, 05:24 PM

Received 665 Likes on 517 Posts

I assume they checked the battery. A battery on its way out will do all kinds of goofy stuff.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:33 PM

Yeah the battery is good
Old 11-04-2015, 03:04 PM
minitrucker

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts

It sounds like the door switch like you already mentioned. I had my kids in the truck last week and ran into quick trip. I looked the door as I got out and as soon as I got inside I heard my alarm going off. If the alarms set and doors open from inside it goes off. Could they have said they replaced the door switch and possibly just removed, inspected, cleaned and re-installed it?
Old 11-04-2015, 09:12 PM

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Have you checked your hood switch? There's a pressure switch on the left side that could've gotten jarred where it doesn't make good contact.
Dave

Quick Reply: Alarm goes off randomly!