Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AHHH been searching everywhere for an answer! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2016, 03:45 AM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default AHHH been searching everywhere for an answer! HELP!

Hey everyone first post here have been looking around for an answer that I cant seem to find for a problem that doesn't seem to exist..

on my new to me 2013 F150 FX4 Ecoboost and I LOVE IT !!!! ..

BUT... the front bumpers top surface right in between the upper plastic trim and the lower metal bumper is rusted in area of contact with the plastic stuffed in between

this is due to the upper plastic trims "screen " it uses for what I assume is to stop rocks from hitting the radiator. this screen in between the metal bumper and the upper bumper trim is digging into the paint, had broken the paint surface long ago it seems and the points where it is contacting are rusting and upon washing it today I also noticed water sits in these areas of contact as well causing the rust .

these are the furthest most points on the left and right and alls I have to do is raise the trim a hair and can see the rust way more evident and present.

my current plan is to take the bumper off... any how to 's ?? ... and sand the rust off lightly , primer, dremel down an 1/8" of the plastic itself so it no longer makes contact and go about my business.

but should I go to the dealer with this? as I also have some premature bubbling underneath the surface of the paint itself in on the front surface of the bumper ... or should I wait until that actually opens up before I go and see them ?.. I hate the dealer .. when I had an edge I had to fight them to warranty a new headlamp d/t fogging and a steering wheel due to the leather peeling .. so I know it will be a battle .. but I guess it wouldn't hurt?

sorry for the long read...

-Christopher

Last edited by cmurra6745; 09-30-2016 at 03:49 AM.

Quick Reply: AHHH been searching everywhere for an answer! HELP!