Topic Sponsor
General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket stereo

Old 06-13-2013, 06:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket stereo

I just put in an double din in dash screen by pioneer and I wanna upgrade the stock speakers. I know i need 6x8s and i doubt ill end up running em to an amp cause i dont wanna deal with pulling off back seat to mount it. What are my best best for speakers. I was looking at speakers retailed pair of $100 but im flexible. Also id be into hear any other stereo suggestions to make it better.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:55 AM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I would definitely amp them. They just sound so much better. I ran mine un amped for about a week and went right back and installed an amp. I would look into getting a component set instead of just speakers. I couldn't even tell you if your truck has tweeters in it but my factory location had no tweeters in it. You aren't going to get anything of super good quality at $100 a pair though. I was always cheap until I found that just do it right the first time and then you'll never upgrade. The kove speakers I run are awesome for mid range and have good bass. I have bass inferno speakers in the back of my reg cab but they are just there to give me a little more noise but the subs drown them out quite a bit. I'm running an American Bass sq-475 4 channel for all the speakers. If you want super high end and crisp sounding speakers look into German Maestro. That's what you 100% want

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: aftermarket stereo