General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Advice on Spiders

Old 01-08-2019, 05:13 PM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Advice on Spiders

Hi all,

I know we're out of season for them (At least here in Wisconsin) but it seems every single year I deal with spiders in and around my mirrors and also building webs around my windows and truck bed and my god does it get annoying to kill them only to see them back in 2-3 days.

Anyone got any remedies to get rid of the lil bastards? Preferably something that won't damage the paint or finish.

Thanks!
Old 01-08-2019, 08:06 PM
Member Extroirdinare

Liked 92 Times in 69 Posts

A flame thrower works well most of the time but they’re like drug dealers. Get rid of’em and more come in to replace them.
Old 01-08-2019, 08:32 PM
Bronco Guru

Liked 412 Times in 379 Posts

Park in a small enclosure (like a 1- or 2-car garage) and set off a few Raid Fumigators with the truck doors & windows open. They kill EVERYTHING, and leave no residue at all (even on dishes). We use them once a year in the house, and often find dead spiders hanging from the ceiling like pinatas. I've also used them in cars with ants. WM sells a box of 3 for ~$13.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/184990639
Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post: Steve83
cobrascott (01-10-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 10:13 PM
Luke

Liked 1,195 Times in 874 Posts

Praying mantis
Old 01-09-2019, 08:33 AM

Liked 44 Times in 38 Posts

Do you park in a garage? If so put some moth ***** in the garage. Spiders don't typically like them. Or humans for that matter
Old 01-09-2019, 08:57 AM
Sociopath Truckdriver

Liked 2,602 Times in 2,125 Posts

I usually scream and run away like a third grade girl.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:24 AM

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DK in NC View Post
Do you park in a garage? If so put some moth ***** in the garage. Spiders don't typically like them. Or humans for that matter
I wish, I live in an apartment building and they charge 40 bucks extra per month for a garage space, so opted not to. I park outside and unfortunately it's under trees that I believe contain the little buggers.

I've heard people say citrus and then I've heard people say vinegar before, both of which I can't imagine are good for the paint or finish due to their acidity.
Old 01-09-2019, 07:26 PM

Liked 167 Times in 130 Posts

Originally Posted by bulldog1986 View Post
I wish, I live in an apartment building and they charge 40 bucks extra per month for a garage space, so opted not to. I park outside and unfortunately it's under trees that I believe contain the little buggers.

I've heard people say citrus and then I've heard people say vinegar before, both of which I can't imagine are good for the paint or finish due to their acidity.
If at all possible don't park under any trees. Thats where they're dropping from.
If you need to park under trees, maybe you can speak with your apartment manager to see if they can spray the trees with insecticide.
And show him/her the evidence.

I know all about spiders in cars. My old souped up '64 Plymouth was called the 'spider bomb' by my buddies and for good reason.
And yes, it was always parked under maple trees.

Old 01-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Bronco Guru

Liked 412 Times in 379 Posts

Spiders aren't insects, so most outdoor insecticides have no effect on them. If you're trying to get rid of insects, you WANT spiders.
Old 01-09-2019, 10:00 PM

Liked 544 Times in 390 Posts

Spiders aren't insects, so most outdoor insecticides have no effect on them
Well, I easily control spiders on the fencing around my house with Spectracide from Home Depot. One of the little bastards stung me out by my pool equipment. Now I spray with Spectracide and alternate with Ortho. No more spiders.

And this one in the pic looks promising, LOL, read the name closely.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Advice on Spiders

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: