Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2018 XLT Sport Wheel Lug Torque

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 03:30 PM
2013 F-150 XLT

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 2018 XLT Sport Wheel Lug Torque

I think I already know the answer, but would like to confirm with anyone who owns an F150 that came stock with these wheels, and who has actually read it in their owners manual. I just purchased a set of these 2018 Sport takeoffs for my 2013 XLT and want to verify that the wheel lug torque is the same as for my OEM wheels, which is 150 ft-lbs. Thank you.

Old 10-31-2018, 03:40 PM
SSDD

Received 1,611 Likes on 1,125 Posts

yep
The following users liked this post:
nvf150 (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 03:52 PM
Senior Citizen Member

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Torque is the same but you will need to use your old lug nuts. The threads are different on the newer gen truck. Also, the TPMS are a different frequency so you will have to use your old ones.
nvf150 (10-31-2018)
Old 10-31-2018, 04:15 PM
2013 F-150 XLT

Originally Posted by Mike from TN
Torque is the same but you will need to use your old lug nuts. The threads are different on the newer gen truck. Also, the TPMS are a different frequency so you will have to use your old ones.
Correct. Fortunately, the company I purchased from installed the correct TPMS to match my year and included a new set of OEM lugs, so that I can sell my old lugs and TPMS with my 2013's as a complete package. Thanks!
Old 10-31-2018, 07:43 PM
Senior Citizen Member

Received 2,707 Likes on 1,548 Posts

Originally Posted by nvf150
Correct. Fortunately, the company I purchased from installed the correct TPMS to match my year and included a new set of OEM lugs, so that I can sell my old lugs and TPMS with my 2013's as a complete package. Thanks!
That’s awesome. You are officially “Good To Go”! Post up some pictures of your truck with the new wheels.
nvf150 (10-31-2018)
Old 11-06-2018, 09:47 PM
2013 F-150 XLT

Originally Posted by Mike from TN

That’s awesome. You are officially “Good To Go”! Post up some pictures of your truck with the new wheels.
I could not be more pleased with these takeoffs from ezdealin! Balance is great, tpms worked without any reset needed, and I love the look of the 2018 oem wheels!

Old 11-06-2018, 09:54 PM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

Glad you like them. I have the same ones on my ‘18 and really don’t like the looks of them at all. Just out of curiosity, could you tell how much they were? Just looking to get an idea on what mine could be worth.
Old 11-06-2018, 10:37 PM
2013 F-150 XLT

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
Glad you like them. I have the same ones on my ‘18 and really don’t like the looks of them at all. Just out of curiosity, could you tell how much they were? Just looking to get an idea on what mine could be worth.
I paid $1,029 out the door for the tires, sensors, wheels and new lug nuts all balanced and ready to install. My local tire shops wanted $1,250 for just the new tires, so this was a deal in my opinion. Now I’ll be looking to sell my 2013 wheels and tires and I’m wondering what to ask for them also...

Old 11-09-2018, 01:27 AM

Received 539 Likes on 334 Posts

I sold the factory clads and Goodyears a few months ago from my ‘14 (just like yours below), local for $500. That included the sensors, but I kept the lug nuts. The tires had about 55k on them, but still had real good tread. I have to admit, those Goodyear SRAs wear really well if you keep up proper pressure and front-end alignment. I had two sets of them, and alternated them every six months. Several years ago and about two months after I bought the ‘14, I found a set of take-offs and bought them complete (clads, Goodyears, lug nuts and sensors) for $500, just because they were so affordable. So basically, I bought and sold them for the same price, AFTER I used them for 50% of four years... for FREE.

Not sure where you’re located, but it seems like pricing on used sets, varies quite a bit from one region to another. I’ve seen similar used sets priced at anywhere from $400-$800, and usually the higher priced sets sit for quite a while, and I’m sure they eventually negotiate for a lower price. I’m just not sure how low. Personally, I wouldn’t pay more than $400-$500 for them. Just a tip from experience; make sure you wash them very good and put a good coat of wax on the wheels, before storing them for any period. You wouldn’t think it, but just an average amount of dust in the average garage, can create finish issues, in as little as a couple months. Nothing that can’t be corrected with more elbow grease, but easier addressed beforehand.

Originally Posted by nvf150
I paid $1,029 out the door for the tires, sensors, wheels and new lug nuts all balanced and ready to install. My local tire shops wanted $1,250 for just the new tires, so this was a deal in my opinion. Now I’ll be looking to sell my 2013 wheels and tires and I’m wondering what to ask for them also...

Last edited by Wanna Ride; 11-09-2018 at 01:35 AM.
Old 11-09-2018, 09:11 AM
2013 F-150 XLT

Originally Posted by Wanna Ride
I sold the factory clads and Goodyears a few months ago from my ‘14 (just like yours below), local for $500. That included the sensors, but I kept the lug nuts. The tires had about 55k on them, but still had real good tread. I have to admit, those Goodyear SRAs wear really well if you keep up proper pressure and front-end alignment. I had two sets of them, and alternated them every six months. Several years ago and about two months after I bought the ‘14, I found a set of take-offs and bought them complete (clads, Goodyears, lug nuts and sensors) for $500, just because they were so affordable. So basically, I bought and sold them for the same price, AFTER I used them for 50% of four years... for FREE.

Not sure where you’re located, but it seems like pricing on used sets, varies quite a bit from one region to another. I’ve seen similar used sets priced at anywhere from $400-$800, and usually the higher priced sets sit for quite a while, and I’m sure they eventually negotiate for a lower price. I’m just not sure how low. Personally, I wouldn’t pay more than $400-$500 for them. Just a tip from experience; make sure you wash them very good and put a good coat of wax on the wheels, before storing them for any period. You wouldn’t think it, but just an average amount of dust in the average garage, can create finish issues, in as little as a couple months. Nothing that can’t be corrected with more elbow grease, but easier addressed beforehand.

I thank you for the advice! I’ve got them up on Craigslist for $500, so it will be interesting to see if I get any bites. My Goodyear SRA’s are original to my 2013 and only have 22,400 miles on them with approximately 4/32” of tread left, so it sounds like your vehicle is much easier on tires than mine. Now that the tread is so low on my old pair, I can see a little deeper wear on the very inside tread of one tire, indicating a toe alignment issue. Other than the inside band of the one tire, wear looks very even across the surface. With only 22k on my truck, rotating religiously every 3k, never hitting curbs or potholes and living a life as a street queen, I would not be surprised that it’s had an alignment issue from day one. I think I better measure my toe this weekend. Thanks again for the heads up!

Quick Reply: 2018 XLT Sport Wheel Lug Torque