General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2016 F150 backup cam/beeper

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 F150 backup cam/beeper

whats up everyone. I just got my first truck and drove a mustang since I was 17. I'm not quite used to backing up into tight spaces with this thing yet and I really wouldn't wanna put a ding/dent in my new baby yet haha. I've seen a few model years came up a cam or beeper but I'm guessing mine didn't. I've got a 2016 supercab. Anyone ever install the cam or beeper? Pricey? Hard to do. I know there's no cam on mine but maybe there's a beeper i have to turn settings on to perhaps?

Any info would be great
Old 03-08-2017, 09:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

What model/package do you have? My first inclination is to say that if you haven't heard any indicators when you back up, you probably don't have a backup sensor. Also, if you have the backup camera, it would come on in the screen on your dashboard with the radio (assuming you have one) - not sure if the XL model even has a screen if you don't have Sync or a backup camera. Also, what does your back bumper look like? If it's solid, like this:

then you don't have the sensors. If it looks like this:

Then you have them.

As to installation if you don't have them? I have no idea, someone else might be able to tell you.
Old 03-08-2017, 03:56 PM

Received 367 Likes on 305 Posts

http://accessories.ford.ca/vehicles/...st-system.html