General F150 Discussion General Ford F150 truck discussions and questions
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2015 or Wait for 2016

Old 09-05-2015, 03:19 AM

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 2015 or Wait for 2016

Well, I'm in the market for a truck.

The F150 is calling my name, but I simply can't decide if I should get a good deal on the 2015s or wait for a 2016, and possibly factory order.

My biggest concern is the current My Ford Touch Vs. the Sync 3 on the 2016s. Apparently the Sync 3 will be much more responsive with a nicer interface. Any input on this would be appreciated.

I plan to keep this new truck for at least 10 years. I'm not one who buys and sells all the time. That is the reason I'm considering waiting for Sync 3.

I'm currently eyeballing the platinum, but I'm still trying to figure out the big differences between the XLT, Lariat, and Platinum. If I go for a 2016, and factory order, should I get an XLT since I can order what I want?

This is my first time buying a brand new car, so of course this is all new to me.

I plan to get the 3.5L ecoboost, 4x2 (I live in Southern California, so 4x4 would be a waste).

If I were to factory order a 2016, does anyone have an idea as to when I'd get it? I'm a horribly impatient person when it comes to things like this, but if it's worth the wait, then I'll put up with it.

Thanks, and I look to becoming a proud F150 owner.
Old 09-18-2015, 02:17 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Like you I am in the market for a truck, have been for a while. Thought I was going to go with a Sierra or Tundra and then I got a look at the '15 F150s and got intrigued. Then I GOT IN ONE and it was decided!! Trying very hard to be responsible and wait till I finish school in December, then get myself a graduation gift.

Was looking forward to hopefully getting a good deal on a new or possibly slightly used 15 lariat or better. Then someone on here mentioned a little something called Sync 3...... Got me curious again (d*mn this forum!!) I think I'm going to have to go with a '16 if only for the features of Sync 3. I'm really liking this app link feature. I use a couple music apps for listening in my car through bluetooth, and being able to control them through the car stereo would be awesome to me. I know some people have said it's not worth it just for this one upgrade, blah blah. But for me personally I would love it, especially since I just looked at their website and saw where they have added a lot more apps, including Spotify which is one of my main ones.

I know this probably hasn't helped with your decision. Just thought I'd share that there are some others who look at the 1 or 2 upgrades as game changers. I've made it clear to all the sales people I've dealt with so far that I refuse to settle on this one (I've gotten several new cars in the past several years and have always had to settle on what they could "get me into"). Not this time!
Old 09-18-2015, 10:26 PM

Received 2,527 Likes on 1,951 Posts

Excerpted from the 2015/2016MY document .....
Attached Thumbnails 2015 or Wait for 2016-2015-6dates.jpg  
Old 09-18-2015, 10:35 PM

Received 2,947 Likes on 1,645 Posts

its a no brainer...2016

I'm waiting on 2017...
Old 10-12-2015, 12:02 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by blackout44
Well, I'm in the market for a truck.

The F150 is calling my name, but I simply can't decide if I should get a good deal on the 2015s or wait for a 2016, and possibly factory order.

My biggest concern is the current My Ford Touch Vs. the Sync 3 on the 2016s. Apparently the Sync 3 will be much more responsive with a nicer interface. Any input on this would be appreciated.

I plan to keep this new truck for at least 10 years. I'm not one who buys and sells all the time. That is the reason I'm considering waiting for Sync 3.

I'm currently eyeballing the platinum, but I'm still trying to figure out the big differences between the XLT, Lariat, and Platinum. If I go for a 2016, and factory order, should I get an XLT since I can order what I want?

This is my first time buying a brand new car, so of course this is all new to me.

I plan to get the 3.5L ecoboost, 4x2 (I live in Southern California, so 4x4 would be a waste).

If I were to factory order a 2016, does anyone have an idea as to when I'd get it? I'm a horribly impatient person when it comes to things like this, but if it's worth the wait, then I'll put up with it.

Thanks, and I look to becoming a proud F150 owner.
You will be waiting atleast 8 months for a 2016. As far as model if you are going 4x2 I would never purchase one again. There are tons of uses for a 4x4 in California such as hunting, offloading and jamborees.
as far as packages go your biggest bang for the buck is the Lariat. You get all the amenities in a lariat as you do with the platinum accept power running boards and maybe a couple other small options.
My 2012 lariat has all the same options as a platinum accept for power running boards, that ugly aluminum plate on the tailgate and maybe a couple small other options if any. I can't see paying 5000-7000$ more for the name sake of the platinum but would definitely get 4x4 no matter where I lived.
Old 10-12-2015, 11:33 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by DBL Boost
You will be waiting atleast 8 months for a 2016. As far as model if you are going 4x2 I would never purchase one again. There are tons of uses for a 4x4 in California such as hunting, offloading and jamborees.
as far as packages go your biggest bang for the buck is the Lariat. You get all the amenities in a lariat as you do with the platinum accept power running boards and maybe a couple other small options.
My 2012 lariat has all the same options as a platinum accept for power running boards, that ugly aluminum plate on the tailgate and maybe a couple small other options if any. I can't see paying 5000-7000$ more for the name sake of the platinum but would definitely get 4x4 no matter where I lived.
I'm going to be ordering a 2016 Lariat soon. Power running boards are an option, but you have to have the 502a package... Not sure that's something you are interested in, but thought I'd clear it up.

As for 15 vs 16... I'm going 16 strictly for Sync 3... Seems silly to some, but I want the newer, more user friendly tech!
Old 10-13-2015, 01:15 AM

Received 135 Likes on 110 Posts

I never EVER buy 1st year remodel vehicles. That is the best time to buy the outgoing model with maximized discounts. So we're on polar ends here as buyers. So my advice to you is to wait til 2017's are coming, and then get 2016's much cheaper.

History has shown far too many problems and kinks need to be worked out on the 1st wave of buyers that paid too much on top of it. Not that kind of buyer, so I wait for these kinks to be worked out. That plus the maximum rebate options are never there.

Last edited by CreepinDeth; 10-13-2015 at 01:20 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Ricktwuhk (10-13-2015)
Old 10-13-2015, 02:26 PM

Received 137 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by CreepinDeth
I never EVER buy 1st year remodel vehicles. That is the best time to buy the outgoing model with maximized discounts. So we're on polar ends here as buyers. So my advice to you is to wait til 2017's are coming, and then get 2016's much cheaper.

History has shown far too many problems and kinks need to be worked out on the 1st wave of buyers that paid too much on top of it. Not that kind of buyer, so I wait for these kinks to be worked out. That plus the maximum rebate options are never there.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:34 PM

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts

'15 is new. '16 is strictly new tech for the sync 3, right? I don't see that as a major issue as upgrades to sync would be software from that point forward.

I agree on being leery of a brand new model year with the kinks being worked out. I work in the automotive supply change and have seen some pretty interesting "engineering on the fly" once a new model launches.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:29 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by chickenwire
'15 is new. '16 is strictly new tech for the sync 3, right? I don't see that as a major issue as upgrades to sync would be software from that point forward.

I agree on being leery of a brand new model year with the kinks being worked out. I work in the automotive supply change and have seen some pretty interesting "engineering on the fly" once a new model launches.
I'd personally do the same as some others and probably even hold off til 2017, but this is going to be my first truck and I'd rather "deal with what comes" on the 2016 rather than go another year without one. That said, I agree about waiting for 2016 just for the new tech. You'll get updates to keep you up to date, but MFT is pretty much dead at this point.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 or Wait for 2016